PDA

View Full Version : Israeli ground ops 'could be expanded'

OMEN
07-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Israel's army might soon expand ground operations against Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon and call up "massive" numbers of reserves, an Israeli newspaper quoted a top officer as saying today.

Israeli media reported that thousands of soldiers were already operating inside southern Lebanon, where they have been trying to destroy Hezbollah bunkers but also coming under heavy attack.

The army refused to confirm or deny those reports.

"It's possible that in the coming days our ground operations will increase," Brigadier-General Alon Friedman, a senior commander, told the Maariv newspaper.

"We have many forces, we will carry out a massive recruitment of reserves and it's possible that many more forces ... will reach the border in the next few days."

Israel's army confirmed today that four soldiers were killed and several wounded in fierce clashes with Hezbollah guerrillas just inside Lebanon on yesterday.

Ground forces command chief Major-General Benny Gantz told Maariv that air strikes were insufficient.

"As much as it hurts to lose troops, we want the mission to succeed. We will be everywhere we choose to operate," he said.

Maj-Gen Gantz said the army did not plan a long-term incursion.

Maariv also quoted senior military sources as saying Hezbollah's forces in southern Lebanon had not been harmed significantly.

Defence Minister Amir Peretz raised the possibility yesterday of a ground offensive into Lebanon, and senior generals have repeatedly said they do not rule this out.

Reuters

palestinian king
07-21-2006, 12:01 PM
I truly hate Israel with a passion. They are not fighting for anything good. They say they are fighting terrorists. HA!

The Cliff
07-22-2006, 02:41 AM
What's funny about that? I agree with what Israel is doing 100%. They've put up with enough crap, and all these terrorists deserve what they're getting.

As far as you hating Israel with a passion, I hate the whole Middle East with a passion. Get ready, cause WW3 is coming, and with that attitude, your going to become an enemy of the US, and that's nothing you want.

How can you support these terrorists? Check out my vid, take a look at what they do. The Cliff Presents: The War On Terror (http://www.uowforums.com/showthread.php?p=111931#post111931) (Cheap video plug! Mick Foley would be proud...)