PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Giving Chuck Liddell One Last Victory Lap

Shane McMahon's Ass
12-15-2009, 05:10 AM
After Chuck Liddell’s knockout loss to Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 97, UFC president Dana White all but retired Liddell from fighting. Months later, White seems okay with letting his friend have one last hurrah inside the Octagon that he ruled for so many years.

“[Liddell and I] made some other deals, personal deals, between me and him for this season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ We’ll let [Liddell and Ortiz] go at it again,” White said of the agreement that he made with Liddell.

White hopes that nobody calls Liddell’s return engagement a comeback though as he’s hoping that his friend will call it quits after one last clash with his rival.

“I’m not his father. I’m not his dad. We’ll see what happens after the Tito fight. I would like to see him hang it up after the Tito fight,” White once again reiterated.

Fans may have been left scratching their heads when this fight was announced considered how strongly White had opposed the idea of Liddell fighting again.

The thing that White wants to get through to Liddell is that he has nothing left to accomplish and you know what? He’s right.

FL

BDK
12-15-2009, 05:38 AM
IMO this fight will suck honestly who wants to see these two fight YET again? Chuck is older and way past his prime and Tito is getting there sure he just got back from the surgery on his back but still.