PDA

View Full Version : Joe McElderry: 'I'm straight and single'

OMEN
12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Joe McElderry has said that he is straight and single but is not interested in seeking a girlfriend at the moment.

The singer told The Sun that he hopes to concentrate on his career following his X Factor victory last Sunday.

McElderry said: "People say I'm squeaky clean but I don't see things like that. I'm a normal person living the dream. What you see is what you get.

"I'm straight. I've had girlfriends, but I don't have one right now. I haven't slept with anyone, but I'm a young lad and I'm concentrating on my music. I know I'll probably get offers but, for me, it's all about the singing for now."

He added: "Being recognised means you have to be really careful. I say, 'Enjoy it, but don't go over the top'. At the minute, the last thing on my mind is a girlfriend.

"I need to concentrate on things and maybe think about that when the album's out and I've got a bit of chill time."

Of rumours of a relationship with fellow X Factor contestant Rachel Adedeji, McElderry said: "She's a mate - she makes me laugh. There was nothing going on."

DS