PDA

View Full Version : Denters album 'has Timberlake imprint'

OMEN
12-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Esmée Denters has claimed that Justin Timberlake had a significant influence over her upcoming debut album Outta Here.

The 21-year-old, who was signed to Timberlake's Tennman label after he spotted her singing on YouTube, admitted that the pop superstar gave her advice on how to develop her own sound.

"[Justin] definitely put his imprint on it. I told him from the beginning that it was important for me to write. I wanted people to get to know who I am because all they'd heard before were covers," she told DS.

"We sat down and and he went through all the songs I'd written and changed some of the production and lyrics. Later on I actually started writing with him, which was amazing because it was so one-on-one and we got along really well. He was very open to what I wanted, because at the end of the day it's my record."

The singer revealed that she is eager to collaborate with Timberlake on his third studio album.

"I haven't discussed working with him yet, but I'd love to," she said. "Have I heard any of his new songs? Well, you'll have to wait and see, but when it's coming it's going to be good!"

Denters releases new single 'Admit It' on December 28. Her album Outta Here follows on January 11.

DS