PDA

View Full Version : 'Santa loves all kids. Even ginger ones'

Black Widow
12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
London - Britain's biggest retailer Tesco has apologised after customers complained that one of its Christmas cards makes fun of people with red hair, reports said Monday.

The card shows a child with ginger hair sitting on the lap of Santa Claus and reads: "Santa loves all kids. Even ginger ones."

Tesco apologised if the card had "caused any upset" to people with red or ginger hair - sometimes the target of jokes about their hair colour.

Davinia Phillips, whose three young daughters all have ginger hair, complained when she read the offending card at a store in the city of York in northern England.

"It's discrimination, pure and simple. I have shown it to a lot of friends and they are all disgusted by it. I just don't find it funny at all," she was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying.

She added: "If it had been about a black child or an overweight child the store would have been shut down by now."

She said the cards had been removed from several stores in her area.

Reports quoted a Tesco spokesman as saying: "We sell a large range of Christmas cards including some which are intended to be humorous. It is never our intention to offend any customer and we are sorry if this card caused any upset." - AFP

IOL

Jodes
12-15-2009, 09:15 PM
i swear people get upset over stupid reasons:dearme:

DUKE NUKEM
12-16-2009, 06:03 PM
thanks for the post Ryan