PDA

View Full Version : EXCLUSIVE: Cat Deeley excited about UK TV return

OMEN
12-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Cat Deeley has revealed that she is excited about returning to UK TV with dance show So You Think You Can Dance.

Deeley has not had a regular TV series in the UK since she finished hosting Stars In Their Eyes in 2006. The former SMTV presenter has returned for one-offs such as Peter Kay's Britain's Got the Pop Factor, but has largely worked in the US, where she took over as host of SYTYCD in 2005.

"I love that I'm going to be doing Saturday nights on the BBC," she told DS.

"Having all my friends and family here, I just can't wait. It is nice being back home. I still consider the UK home. When I fly into LA, it still feels like LA. When I fly into London, it feels like home to me. You see the river, St Paul's, the wheel and it's 'Oh, I'm back!' It's like when you come back from holiday - you know you have had a great time, but you are coming home."

Speaking about the UK version of the reality series, she said: "It is a show that I know and love already - I've done six seasons of it now in the States. Fingers crossed, it will be equally big and as successful over here. But you never ever know. What works for one place may not work for another.

"But it has been a massive hit in America and Canada and Greece.... and Poland... and Australia. It's gone all around the world and the format clearly works, so fingers crossed it will work over here."

So You Think You Can Dance will begin on Saturday, January 2 at 7pm on BBC One

DS