PDA

View Full Version : Article on illegal WWE PPV streams

Konan
12-24-2009, 05:55 AM
Crunchgear.com has an article up looking at illegal online streams of WWE and UFC Pay Per View events. There is an interesting take on WWE going after illegal online streams earlier this year.

"You’ll recall that WWE started going after illegal online streams earlier this year. The thing is, WWE claimed, quite like Fertitta here, that online streams were damaging its bottom line. That’s not necessarily the case. The very first pay-per-view that WWE actively patrolled illegal streams for, June’s The Bash, was among the least purchased pay-per-views of the year. If we were to follow WWE’s logic, that buyrates (the number of people who buy a pay-per-view) would increase once the streams were eliminated, well, then The Bash would have done better than the previous pay-per-view, May’s Extreme Rules. It didn’t: The Bash did 178,000 buys to Extreme Rules’ 213,000."

NODQ

DUKE NUKEM
12-24-2009, 07:28 AM
thanks for this info Konan

Kage
12-24-2009, 02:50 PM
It's cuz no one wants to buy the crappy ppvs so they look for a stream. I don't buy the ppv if I lose the stream, I just go to bed.

hardcoregamer16
12-24-2009, 04:11 PM
really the wwe has nothing better to do than to go after online streams. how about if your buyrate is down improve your F**king product, but thats what a fan thinks.

scorpionf
12-25-2009, 08:08 AM
What's the point in purchasing a PPV anyway - they just have rematches on the following Raw, Smackdown and ECW