PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Jarrett Says TNA Is Not Expecting To Come Right Out & Beat WWE

John
12-24-2009, 07:37 PM
A local Johnstown, Pennsylvania newspaper conducted an interview with Jeff Jarrett to promote TNA's live event in the city on January 14th. In the piece, Jarrett talks about competing with WWE, below are the notable quotes:

"They [WWE] are sports entertainment; we are professional wrestling," Jarret said. "Our in-ring product takes priority over other facets of the business."

"The product that has drawn millions and millions of fans over the years, going back to the '60s, is professional wrestling ... (TNA) is fresh and modern, but it is in the essence of what has always been done."

"We recognize the fact that we've got to earn our fans one at a time," Jarrett said. "I have been a part of wrestling my entire life, but I've never seen this kind of excitement generated by the backstage access, the autograph sessions, and the opportunities to get up close and personal with the TNA stars at the merchandise table."

"Things are getting bigger and better. With the addition of Hulk Hogan, skies are very blue for TNA."

"Are we going to come right out of the gate and beat them? Are we claiming that? Absolutely not," he said. "But we're in the game, and competition is good. We are very optimistic that by the end of 2010, it'll be a different game."

DUKE NUKEM
12-24-2009, 10:38 PM
thanks for this John

LionDen
12-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Lets just hope Bischoff and Russo don't screw it up ... again.

Kage
12-25-2009, 04:31 AM
TNA is lucky to get a 1.0, and Raw usually does around a 3.0, I would hope JJ doesn't think TNA is gonna win right away lol.

bigdaddybaughman
12-25-2009, 08:25 PM
TNA is not fresh and modern it is turning into a washed up version of wcw.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-25-2009, 09:56 PM
TNA to draw a 1.6 on 4th Jan. Say whatever u wanna Hogan will draw