PDA

View Full Version : Thiago Silva Talks About Rashad Evans' Weakest Point

Shane McMahon's Ass
01-02-2010, 01:02 AM
In January, Thiago Silva (14-1) was defeated by eventual light heavyweight champion Lyoto “the Dragon” Machida when he was knocked out with just one second left in the first round. Since his lone defeat, Silva has already started making strides towards getting back in the hunt for a title shot with a vicious first round TKO over Keith Jardine in August at UFC 102. Silva will look to take another huge step towards getting a crack at the title by taking on former champion Rashad Evans (13-1-1) in the main event of UFC 108 this Saturday, January 2nd.

"[I'm] very excited about the opportunity to fight against Rashad," Silva told Ariel Helwani of Fanhouse.com through a translator. "[I've been] working hard for this fight, [and I'm] ready for the fight to arrive and do the job."

Silva conceded that “jiu jitsu is the weakest point” of Rashad's game, although it seems unlikely that jiu jitsu will come in to play unless Rashad takes the fight to the ground. Silva has won 11 of his 14 fights via KO/TKO.

"His jiu jitsu is the weakest point," Silva noted. "He's going to have a good game plan, but his jiu jitsu is his weakest point."

Both Thiago Silva and Rashad Evans have only one loss each on their records and both losses were to Machida. The winner of their matchup, should be well-positioned for a rematch with Machida and a chance at redemption.

FL