PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley: "This live Monday show is a pretty gutsy move; personally, it's not a mov

A Blissful Ass
01-02-2010, 07:49 AM
TNA wrestler Mick Foley said in a new blog on TNA's website that he would not have made the decision to go head-to-head with WWE Raw on January 4. The context was classic Mick Foley self-depreciation that he wouldn't have had the "fortitude" to make the call.

"This live Monday show is a pretty gutsy move; personally, it's not a move I would have made," Foley said. "But great gains are never made without a willingness to take risks, and the truth is, if wresting companies were to rise or fall according to the risks I would have been personally in favor of, there would be no wrestling business as we know it today."

Foley added that he believes WWE is taking TNA seriously as a threat to steal some of WWE's audience on Jan. 4 based on the line-up WWE put together.

"Anyone can see that WWE is taking this move seriously; they have the great Bret Hart hosting, and a lineup that looks stronger than some of their PPVs," Foley said.

Foley also addressed his history of being outspoken against Hulk Hogan while saying he's looking forward to working with Hogan in TNA. Foley's comments fell into the category of being one-part authentic for purposes of playing nice with Hogan and one-part designed for storyline purposes.

"I am personally motivated about my upcoming moment in the ring (or backstage, or somewhere) with Hulk Hogan. I know I've been critical of the Hulkster in the past; not just on recent 'Impact' episodes, but in books and interviews as well," Foley said, "but as a guy who appreciates the history of our business like I do, I have always looked forward to the prospect of doing business with one of the greatest stars in the history of the business."

Kocosports