PDA

View Full Version : Paul Daley Eyes Thiago Alves After Demolishing Dustin Hazelett

Shane McMahon's Ass
01-05-2010, 01:09 PM
The UFC officially added another legitimate contender to their welterweight division Saturday night when Paul Daley continued his explosive ways by putting Dustin Hazelett to sleep in the first round of their UFC 108 bout in Las Vegas, Nevada. UFC president Dana White has a couple opponents in mind for Daley, however this Brit has called for a certain Thiago Alves.
“[Daley] burst onto the scene here, obviously, and has taken out two very tough guys,” White said. “My big problem in this division right now is the two best guys out there are probably [Josh] Koscheck and [Jon] Fitch, and trying to get [the American Kickboxing Academy teammates] to fight each other is a nightmare.

“I’d really like to see that fight, but we can put Daley against one of them and see what happens. [Daley] is going to have to fight one of the top two contenders before we think about him fighting [reigning champ Georges St-Pierre].”

Daley owns an impressive 23-8-2 record, with 18 of his wins coming via some sort of knockout. He’s exactly what UFC brass love in a fighter, and he’s open to facing whoever the organization plans to stand in front of him.

“I really don’t mind,” Daley said. “I’d like to fight Fitch or Koscheck just to prove that I’ve got improved takedown defense, and I have a ground game. This is stuff that I’m continually working on. I just haven’t had a chance to display it because I keep knocking people out standing up."

Although White would like to pit Daley against either of the AKA teammates shortly, Daley would like to test his skills against another lethal 170-pound striker.

“Fitch would be great, or Koscheck, but there’s a (Thiago) Alves fight, (too),” Daley stated. “I’ve been fighting and knocking guys standing up, but I really haven’t displayed my full array of standup skills, and I think a fight with Alves would be entertaining for the fans and I could show a little bit more standing up.”

He’s shown plenty so far, so if there’s more we’re definitely down to take a look.

FL

Pumphrey94
01-07-2010, 11:03 PM
that would be awsome .