PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair explains why he joined TNA

Konan
01-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Ric Flair says his main reason for joining TNA and making his debut on the January 4th live Impact was because he felt wanted by TNA and he didn’t feel wanted by WWE, who gave him the ultimate retirement send-off in 2008. Flair told Mike Mooneyham of the Charleston Post & Courier that he didn’t want to sit at home watching two shows on Monday nights when he feels he can still contribute to the wrestling business. “I think I certainly can add something to the show,” Flair said. “And the nice thing is … they want me.”

Flair says he waited for a phone call from WWE after he worked a brief angle with Randy Orton in 2009 that included them brawling ringside and Flair bleeding from the forehead to sell the angle. He says the call never came to do any follow-up. Flair defended his decision to return to the U.S. TV wrestling scene (after returning to the ring in Australia two months ago) by saying he’s “feeling great – mentally and physically” and he shouldn’t have to sit on the sidelines when he feels strongly about what he can contribute to TNA. Mooneyham reports: “Flair says he loves WWE and always will, but that he needed this opportunity for himself. … It’s a matter of pride, of belonging, of feeling that old familiar adrenaline rush. Flair says he is excited and energized by the positive vibes coming reverberating throughout the company (TNA).”

NODQ

DUKE NUKEM
01-10-2010, 06:25 PM
if flair can still wrestle let him

Kage
01-10-2010, 10:53 PM
The man's a hypocrite.

01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
nice to see him back

Vick Diesel
01-12-2010, 05:16 AM
I'm very excited to see Ric Flair in TNA!! The Nature Boy has been and always will be a fixture in Pro-Wrestling, and he's gonna make a great addition to the TNA roster not just as a wrestler, but also a a mentor to the younger wrestlers...who better to learn from than the Nature Boy Ric Flair!! As I said before it's awesome to see Ric Flair in TNA!! :D

aoessand
01-12-2010, 07:42 AM
thats the prob flair hasnt been able to wrestle for years just like hulk...

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-12-2010, 08:02 AM
He joined TNA cause he wanted money end of discussion