PDA

View Full Version : Russo: I Want Randy Orton in TNA

John
01-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Source: Simon Rothstein, thesun.co.uk
TNA writer Vince Russo says the only WWE wrestler he wants to join his company is Randy Orton.
The controversial booker revealed he has no desire to see the likes of Triple H, Undertaker, John Cena and Shawn Michaels in Dixie Carter's promotion.

And when asked who he would like to see move to TNA, Russo said emphatically: "Randy Orton, Randy Orton, Randy Orton, Randy Orton and Randy Orton."

The 48-year-old then confirmed TNA are considering scrapping their trademark six-sided ring in favour of reverting to the traditional square version.

In a wide-ranging chat, Russo — who took over from Jeff Jarrett as head writer — admitted that Hulk Hogan's segment with Double J on Impact did not go "as scripted".

He also said a second TNA brand has been discussed and rated former WWE superstar The Rock a better performer than Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Russo also hit back at accusations TNA is just a recreation of his old home of WCW, after Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Sting, Jarrett and Eric Bischoff signed with the company.

He blasted: "I don't think it seems like WCW at all. Wrestling, is wrestling — there is only really one way to do it.

"AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Morgan, Hernandez, Brit Invasion, Pope, Machine Guns — were any of those guys from WCW?"

Russo then went on to say the company would continue to place its faith in up-and-coming young talent. He added: "The younger guys have had the spotlight since July. I know because that's more or less when I replaced Jeff.

"Just look at who your champions are — Eric Young, AJ, British Invasion. The younger guys have definitely been given the spotlight."

Konan
01-10-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.uowforums.com/threads/177444-update-on-6-sided-ring