PDA

View Full Version : Big news on Impact expanding to two hours

Stunner
07-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Within TNA, the belief is that Impact will expand to two hours "sooner than you think." Spike officials, when contacted, denied that there was anything in the works aside from a potential two-hour special.

If TNA can maintain its ratings the next few weeks without the UFC lead-in, that would be a major feather in their cap because it would show that they could run on a night without UFC. If TNA goes two hours, it would have to be on a new night because Spike can't break up the synergy between Ultimate Fighter and Unleashed.

At this point, there are no plans in place, but it is something being talked about. Though, if it does happen, it would occur a few months from now at the earliest.

TheDragonGT
07-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Spike should at least give them another 1 hour show, so that they will have two weekly shows...I hope though that two hours comes really soon, tired of waiting...

QUASI
07-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Spike should at least give them another 1 hour show, so that they will have two weekly shows...I hope though that two hours comes really soon, tired of waiting...

I think they better get their ratings back up before they worry about getting two hour show....The last couples of weeks with the terrible lead in show hasn't been so good...Maybe they should move to Wednesdays afte Blade.

TheDragonGT
07-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah...they need to get the ratings back up...I blame Jeff :P. But yeah the lead-in might be a factor.

smokaveli88
07-23-2006, 10:46 PM
i cant wait till they get 2hrs but quasi said they need to get their ratings up.

bigmoose
07-24-2006, 10:42 PM
cool

cookie_dough_619
07-25-2006, 03:46 AM
Id love to see them get the two-hour slot.... although over here in UK/Eire, we dont really worry about ratings in wrestling.... I think.... although I know Stateside it is a huge factor