PDA

View Full Version : News on Jeff Hardy's upcoming court case

Shane McMahon's Ass
01-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks to PWTorch for the following:

Jeff Hardy is scheduled for trial at the Superior Court in Moore County, NC on Wednesday, March 17th. Also, Hardy is faced with a new charge of “conspiracy to traffic opium.” On January 4th, Hardy was indicted on drug-possession charges stemming from his September 11th arrest at his home in North Carolina. Hardy’s legal team will present his defense against the charges at the March trial and a jury will render a verdict. The following is a list of the charges Hardy is faced with.

Case 1 – Felony drug trafficking, Two felony charges of possession of a Schedule III controlled substance or drug.

Case 2 – Felony possession of cocaine, Felony maintaining a dwelling for redistribution of controlled substances.

Case 3 – Misdemeanor Possession of drug paraphernalia.

Case 4 (newly added in 2010) – Conspiracy to traffic opium.

According to the statute cited, the new charge is for trafficking four or more grams, but less than fourteen grams of opium/heroin. “N.C. Gen. Stat. § 90-95(h)(4) (2005) provides that ‘[a]nyperson who sells, manufactures, delivers, transports, or possesses four grams or more of opium or opiate, or any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate’ is guilty of trafficking in opium or heroin. If a defendant does not maintain exclusive control of the place where the controlled substance is found, the State must show ‘other incriminating circumstances’ to permit the inference of constructive possession.”

NoDQ

deadmanwalkin
01-16-2010, 04:50 AM
haha he's fucked

Vick Diesel
01-16-2010, 05:22 AM
I hate it when Pro-Athletes of any sport try to be above the law, and think they can get away w/it b/c of their celebrity status. Jeff is an awesome wrestler/entertainer, and my prayers go out to him, his family, and his fans. I hope he's learned his lesson from all of this, and will change his ways. Maybe jail time is what's best for him to help him overcome his drug addictions, open his eyes, and man up and take responsibility for his actions! :wink:

DUKE NUKEM
01-16-2010, 07:17 AM
^ again a very good point