PDA

View Full Version : Fans plan to protest O'Brien's departure

OMEN
01-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Fans of Conan O'Brien's Tonight Show are planning protest rallies against network NBC.

According to ABC News, the presenter's supporters in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle have organised rallies to "show love" for the host who many diehards have begun referring to as 'CoCo'.

"I don't think we're going to change NBC's stance on what they want to do with late night -- I think that's already been inked," said Mike Mitchell, the rally organiser and administrator of Facebook group I'm with CoCo.

"I think hopefully we're going to show Conan's got a huge following and we're behind him no matter where he ends up," he added.

Mitchell, a Los Angeles-based freelance illustrator, quickly found himself the leader of O'Brien's fans when he created a black, white and orange illustration of the comedian emblazoned with the "I'm With COCO" slogan.

The Facebook group has reportedly grown from 200 members to 315,000.

"Now is just a good time to support him because he's kind of been put in a tough spot and people can relate to his situation," he said. "Everybody's had a bad boss that has maybe put them in a position that they didn't want to be in."

DS

DUKE NUKEM
01-20-2010, 09:10 PM
thanks for the post Omen