PDA

View Full Version : Morrison: 'Duffy Coke ad was abysmal'

OMEN
01-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Blur and Gorillaz manager Chris Morrison has described Duffy's Coca-Cola advert as "abysmal".

Speaking at the Midem music conference in Cannes, Morrison used the 'Mercy' singer's 2009 ad campaign as an example of artists damaging their careers with brand association.

Duffy sang the 1960s track 'I've Gotta Be Me' in the Diet Coke advert, which aired last year.

"I think Duffy's Coca-Cola ad was abysmal and I think Robbie Williams on T Mobile was terrible," said Morrison. "I don't think either of those two things did any favours to the artists' careers or the way they're perceived. I think you have to be very, very careful about how you associate with brands."

He also revealed that Blur turned down a request to use their track 'Song 2' to promote stealth fighters.

"Northrop Grumann, which is an American defence contractor, got in touch with us and asked if they could use the song for their trade shows to promote the next generation of stealth fighters," he said. "We thought that was probably inappropriate. The money was great but we turned it down."

DS

DUKE NUKEM
01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
thanks for the post Omen