PDA

View Full Version : 'My Wife Thinks It's Mad'

OMEN
01-24-2006, 11:38 PM
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1130974.jpg
Beans are bidding for record
A tin full of baked beans is being sold off one by one in an attempt to set a world record.

John Deas hopes to create the world's most expensive tin of beans by auctioning off one a day on eBay.

The first bean has attracted a bid of £6, and if the others in the 200g tin all sell for similar amounts he will make around £900.

He is promising successful bidders a certificate confirming ownership of the bean, along with a photograph of the tin.

Once all 150 beans are sold, he plans to register the sale with Guinness World Records.
Mr Deas, a recruitment manager from Stonehaven, Kincardineshire, said the idea came to him after he had been thinking about student Alex Trew, whose Million Dollar Homepage website selling advertising space by the pixel has been a huge success.

"I joked with my wife that I could do something similar and she said I should go ahead and do it," he said.

"Round about the same time I looked in the cupboard and the beans were there and the idea was born.

"It is just a light-hearted thing but everyone will get a certificate and I will make the approach to Guinness World Records.

"My wife and my work colleagues think it is quite a mad thing to do, but they know what I am like."

sky.com/news

I know that on e-bay people will buy anything butwho the hell would pay £6 for one baked bean and how on earth is this guy going to sell the hundreds of beans that make up a tin individually..