PDA

View Full Version : Colin Farrell Stung By Hoax Drug Sting

Stunner
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Colin Farrell was left fearing for his life on the set of new movie Miami Vice when drug enforcement cops made him believe a hoax cocaine deal was the real thing.

The Irish actor was researching his role in the movie adaptation of the hit TV series when Miami, Florida detectives asked him if he wanted to be part of a real sting operation.

Unbeknownst to Farrell, director Michael Mann had set up the ruse and was filming his star as a fake gun was pulled on him.

The Alexander star, who is still recovering from the ordeal, recalls, "We were running fake scenarios in a car park in Miami and then came the time when they were doing a deal themselves. They were buying 40 kilos of cocaine of a bunch of Colombians.

"They said to me, 'You can come with us if you want. These guys, we've dealt with them before, they're not into trouble; they just want to make money, they're all about the business.' I was put on the spot and my ego was pulled into question and I said, 'Absolutely, I'm there with you...' and we went along to a deal that I thought was real and it went arse over elbow and a gun came out. I saw the tape back and, seriously, I can see the moment where I had a bowel movement... and I smoked about 17 cigarettes in about 20 minutes. They were taking the p*ss; it was a whole set up and they got me."

Credit: Starpulse.com