PDA

View Full Version : "Spider-Man" Baddies Spill on Sequel

The Hammer
07-24-2006, 05:02 PM
"Spider-Man" Baddies Spill on Sequel
Posted Jul 24th 2006 11:30AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Movies

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2006/07/spiderman_ap_0724_275.jpg (http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1680138)
Though "Spider-Man 3" doesn't open until next summer, 5,000 lucky fans got an early look at the new film at Comic-Con, the country's largest comic book convention. The stars of the sure-to-be hit were also on hand and tried to remain tight-lipped about the movie.

A slimmed down Tobey Maguire, who plays the titular hero, was very vague and made the new film sound a lot like "Spider-Man 2." "You know, Peter's dealing with elements of himself and things that have been imposed on him that put him kind of in conflict with himself," says Maguire, "He's got some battling to do."

The new villains offered up a little more. Topher Grace, who plays Venom, says his character embraces his badness. "Well, he just really, really enjoys being evil, which is rare. Usually some of these characters could be tortured. But, I have to say, I think he believes with great power comes great fun."
While Venom is pure evil, it's Thomas Hayden Church's "Sandman" who may be more on the fence. "I mean, he's a real guy in the movie, who goes through some changes- hormonal and otherwise...He's just a very disaffected loner who has a mission in the movie, and comes to loggerheads with Spider-Man and a few others and is just trying to work things out."

"Spider-Man 3" opens May 4th 2007.

Credit: tmz.com

Kaz
07-25-2006, 01:50 AM
*EDIT-Erased link.*

The Hammer
07-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Those are clearly two different posts. Just because they have to do with the same topic does not mean they are the same. So I am reopening this thread and erasing the above link.

Kaz
07-26-2006, 01:05 AM
They say nearly the same thing!! Especially the first paragraph... If you've got a problem with my modding PM me!

Sunshine Acid
07-26-2006, 05:04 AM
oooo war of the mods. :box: :D

All I can say about Spiderman 3 is Topher Grace!! :wink:

The Hammer
07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Was not ment to be a war, someones a little touchy lol. As for Topher, I just don't know if I can picture him as Venom. I mean Venom was huge and Topher is well......huge challenged lol.