PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Jack Brisco dies at 68

Konan
02-01-2010, 07:48 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer and former NWA Heavyweight champion Jack Brisco passed away earlier today at the age of 68.

We have more details on the story forthcoming.

NODQ

Swinny
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I really didn't see this one coming. R.I.P.

Big Evil
02-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Rest In Peace Jack Brisco, a legend till the end.

Kellie
02-02-2010, 06:09 AM
WWE.com posted a nice piece on the passing of former NWA World champion Jack Brisco on their website.

Former WWE Diva Terri Runnels noted on her twitter account she was on her way to Nashville, TN, which is where Raw is being taped. It could be a coincidence, but you never know. Thanks to Eric.

While most non WWE personnel were barred from being backstage at the PPV last night, former WWE, ECW and TNA star Johnny Swinger/Parisi was backstage visiting.`

In an insane story, a number of former WWF and WWE talents booked for a wrestling convention in Great Britain were stopped by immigration as they entered the country and turned away. Bushwhacker Luke Williams
, Fred "Typhoon" Ottman, Nora "Molly Holly" Greenwald, Mr. Fuji, Nikolai Volkoff and The Barbarian were all interviewed about their entry to the country and sent back. The convention blamed it on someone playing games with them and calling immigration that "terrorists" were sneaking in under the names who were held from entering. There are some who think the workers were actually turned away for not having proper working papers, but considering others got into the country without incident, I'm not sold on that. Luke Williams confirmed he and the others were detained on his Facebook account, and he must have been extremely upset as he was scheduled to tour with a number of UK indies in the next few weeks, so that's a lot of lost bookings. The convention, Wrestleslam, which has had a positive rep in recent years, offered refunds to fans in attendance and a complimentary VIP ticket to their next event. I was told Terry Funk and Howard Finkel, among others, really went out of their way to make it up to fans. In the case of Fuji, who's health isn't the best these days, I really feel awful about the idea of him flying all the way from Tennessee to England only to have to return.

Recently released WWE star Eric Escobar is already back working in Puerto Rico for World Wrestling Council.

DUKE NUKEM
02-02-2010, 09:30 PM
very sad news R.I.P

Slayer_X
02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
rip jack

Smartmark
02-09-2010, 01:52 AM
R.I.P Jack