PDA

View Full Version : Randy Couture Knows What To Expect From Mark Coleman at 109

Shane McMahon's Ass
02-06-2010, 01:13 PM
UFC legend Randy Couture says he knows what to expect when he steps into the octagon against Mark Coleman at this weekends UFC 109 event. Couture noted that he was expecting "The Hammer" to throw hard punches early in the fight - a prediction he came to since he says Coleman hasn't changed his fighting style since his days as UFC Heavyweight champion in 1992.

"Mark's fighting style hasn't changed in the thirteen years we've been doing this," Couture told Fighters Only Magazine. "He has got a great double leg, he is a big physical guy. He is going to throw nice heavy, strong punches early on and try to set up that double leg, try to get you on your back."

Couture anticipates that the 45-year old Coleman will also use his wrestling skills when they meet in the cage.

"He has got a great wrestler's base so once he gets on top of you he is hard to get out from underneath. He is going to pick away at you, chip away at you and hope to steal rounds."

But Couture has a solid strategy for tomorrow's fight.

"I am working a lot of inside stuff against the cage, against the fence. I want to make him work under those conditions. I feel like I have a advantage there with my Greco-roman background compared to his freestyle background," said Couture.

"[Cardio] is always a tool in my tool belt, is that I have a tendency to always be in great shape and make it hard work for my opponents. I like to work hard and make them work harder than they like to go."

Couture vs. Coleman headlines UFC 109, which will take place tomorrow night, February 6 at 10PM ET/7PM PT from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV.

FL