PDA

View Full Version : Matt Serra Has Been Watching Frank Trigg For Awhile, Is Anxious For Bout Tonight

Shane McMahon's Ass
02-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Matt Serra is ready to return to the Octagon and even more anxious to fight a guy that he's very familiar with at UFC 109: Relentless tonight.
Although the two experienced welterweights have never fought one another, Serra admits that he's had his eye on a bout with Trigg for a long time.

"I'm familiar with him, he's a guy that I've been watching for a while," Serra told Fox Fight Game.

After coming up short at UFC 98 against his nemesis Matt Hughes, Serra hopes that he can bring back some of the magic that helped him defeat Georges St-Pierre.

"I want a game fighter, besides he's got one of those faces that you just wanna hit," Serra jokingly said. "He's not shy with it like Hughes was. I'm not taking a jab at him, that's just the way that he fights."

The former welterweight champion knows that he needs to be prepared for a very experienced Trigg who also has big fight experience against Hughes, GSP and most recently Josh Koscheck. While Serra has been engaged in a war of words with Trigg, he doesn't hesitate to give him his props.

"Frank is a dangerous guy. He's an exciting fighter," Serra recently told Sherdog.com. "I always thought that he would be an interesting guy to fight."

Serra was last seen dropping a unanimous decision to Matt Hughes UFC 98 last May, it was his second consecutive Octagon loss. Prior to that, the 35-year-old was pounded out by reigning king Georges St-Pierre at UFC 83.

Serra battles Trigg tonight inside the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vegas, NV.

FL

Swinny
02-07-2010, 01:09 AM
I think Serra got this one in the bag. I never liked Trigg and never thought he was very good, but he's definitely over-the-hill now.