PDA

View Full Version : DeGeneres impresses with 'Idol' debut

OMEN
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
TV critics have praised Ellen DeGeneres for her debut performance on American Idol.

The 52-year-old chatshow host joined Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi for the first time at the Hollywood round of auditions.

A review in the New York Times described DeGeneres as "witty both in her embraces and her take-downs", while the Los Angeles Times praised her "calm demeanour and deadpan wit".

MTV claimed that the comic added "a strong, confident voice of reason" to the panel and Billboard magazine argued that she gave "a healthy dose of honest critiques and well-timed punchlines".

Responding to critics of her appointment, DeGeneres told hopefuls on the show: "People say, 'What do you know about music?'

"I do know what it's like to stand on stage and try to please an entire room full of people. That is a hard thing to do."

DS

Doctor Doom
02-12-2010, 05:09 AM
She fits right in as her replacement and I believe that she'll do fantastic for the rest of the season.

Swinny
02-12-2010, 05:12 AM
I really wish they'd get someone who actually has, or had, a successful music career. I like Ellen, but I don't see why she should be a music critic.

Doctor Doom
02-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Well, this is Simon Cowell's last year as American Idol judge, I'm sure FOX will find a good music critic to fill his shoes.

It's sad that he's leaving the show for America's version of The X Factor that's deported from the UK, the show will likely go downhill if FOX doesn't make a smart & wise choice.