PDA

View Full Version : New Strokes LP 'due out in September'

OMEN
02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
The Strokes have revealed that they are hoping to release their much-anticipated fourth album in September.

The group confirmed that they are currently working on the follow-up to 2006's First Impressions Of Earth in New York.

"We've been recording a bunch - basic tracks are done. Now we're just running around like kids in a candy shop," drummer Fab Moretti told Radio 1.

"Coming back in and writing music was kind of like riding a bicycle."

The band admitted that they are "nervous" about performing at the Isle of Wight festival and Rockness festivals this summer.

"We're going to rehearse as soon as we get out of the studio. As soon as we're done recording we're going to go in and practise all those old songs," Moretti added.

"I'm nervous as hell. It's giving me butterflies in my stomach. To be honest, I haven't really been thinking about the old songs as we're so into recording these new ones.

"It's less the songs themselves and more the response from the band that I miss terribly. I'm excited."

The Strokes' debut LP This Is It was recently named NME's 'Album Of The Decade'.

DS