PDA

View Full Version : Next Call of Duty Confirmed for 2010

DA
02-11-2010, 05:51 PM
While not exactly surprising, Activision confirmed that they are committed to turning Call of Duty into an annual franchise at today's Q4 conference call. We're calling it Call of Duty 7 for lack of an official name, but Activision unfortunately didn't share any details on the title's setting or time period. After pointing out that this year's profits were aided by the enormous success of Modern Warfare 2, the company noted they do not plan to see the same success with this year's installment. No kidding.

Though the next game in the series is still shrouded in mystery, we heard rumors regarding it as far back as last year. The game is unsurprisingly said to be helmed by Treyarch again, and may take place in Vietnam or Cuba. The announcement of a new title this year matches with word of a November release, so it's probably safe to say that we've been close to the mark so far.

[via 1UP]

Doctor Doom
02-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Like most Call of Duty games that were previously released, it's too soon to release another one.

One day, it will bite them in the ass if one of the COD games either ends up being a complete failure if being rushed too fast. You can't have them release the same style of the FPS with few add-ons annually, people won't buy the game.

Swinny
02-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Like most Call of Duty games that were previously released, it's too soon to release another one.

One day, it will bite them in the ass if one of the COD games either ends up being a complete failure if being rushed too fast. You can't have them release the same style of the FPS with few add-ons annually, people won't buy the game.

All of the Call of Duty games are very different. One is modern warfare and then the next is World War II and now the new one is going to be Vietnam, so there's a lot of variety. Plus, there's two different companies that make the games, so I don't think they really have to worry about rushing them.

DA
02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
This could be in the works from before anyways, because Infinity Ward isn't designing it, don't worry about that

Big Evil
02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Huh well a game in Vietnam would be interesting to me to play, I also am worried that without the proper time to work on it, it won't be as good as the expectations are set for it. After Modern Warfare 2, the bar is set high and I don't know if they can put out a good enough product in eight, nine months. I think we should compare this next one to World at War, then maybe we won't be as disappointed if it does fail our expectations.

Punisher
02-13-2010, 09:59 AM
I think we under rate how good treyarch is though. CoD WaW was an incredible game. It was just released at the wrong time. If it was released after COD 3 i think it would have done so much better in the eyes of gamers. It just got sandwiched between two of the best FPS's of all time

DA
02-13-2010, 02:27 PM
I agree with Chris but it will NOT be bad due to lack of time because COD7 was already in the works before MW2 got released

Big Evil
02-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah u got a point there Chris think I have to eat my own words :shifty:

But I wish they wouldn't have released these games in between each other. I don't like jumping from WW2 to Present-Day back to WW2 back to present-day and then to Vietnam? Eh but at least the games are good.

DA
02-13-2010, 06:24 PM
^^I don't do either, but it would be kinda weird if they released them one after the other and people would get bored equally, there can't be something defined for videogames lol

Slayer_X
02-18-2010, 06:08 AM
yea i love waw but mw2 consumes all my time

Oraxis
02-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Vietnam would be intresting, specially since we havent seen any Nam games since Battlefield Vietnam. Im just worried that Treyarch is working on this one. WaW felt like a bad CoD4 mod, honestly,