PDA

View Full Version : Backstage News: The Future Of The ECW Roster + More

A Blissful Ass
02-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Regarding the future of ECW talent stemming from WWE's decision to pull the entire roster from Tuesday nights in support of the new NXT series, the feeling is that most of the wrestlers will find their way onto other brands rather than be released.

As the storyline goes, ECW talent will become "free agents" once NXT debuts and can choose to join either RAW or SmackDown!.
While roster changes have not yet been finalized, the plan at last word was to keep key partnerships such as Zack Ryder & Rosa Mendes and William Regal & Ezekiel Jackson together when sending them to RAW or SmackDown!.

At least in the short-term, most of the ECW talent will be used on WWE Superstars rather than RAW or SmackDown!. I'd almost bet that Christian is an exception to that as I've heard he's expected to wind up over on the SmackDown! brand in the near future.

WI

DUKE NUKEM
02-13-2010, 07:18 AM
thanks for the post Mat

Big Evil
02-13-2010, 04:24 PM
The only thing I worry about is Christian being sent to Smackdown! and getting stuck in the mid-carder role again. He is much better than that given the chance and it pissed me off how the last time around they buried him.

hardcoregamer16
02-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Edge and Christian on the same show and its TV gold

BXtremeJ
02-14-2010, 03:00 AM
as long as christian goes 2 smackdown i don care bout the rest

NickFloros
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
any word on what they are planning to do with the ECW belt?