PDA

View Full Version : Hogan a Double Agent?

Relapse
02-19-2010, 12:58 AM
What about this for the ultimate twist? Vince hired Hulk to pretend he hated WWE and wished he could destroy it. Then, after Hulk assumes control of TNA, he tries everything to destroy TNA (under VKM's orders), so that any hint of a Monday Night Wars remains just wishful thinking. So VKM destroys TNA and no one knows anything until it is all over.

It's funny, I remember this same question being raised when Hulk Hogan signed with WCW. Wasn't true then, and I don't think it is true now.

PWI

------------------------------

I read this on PWI so figured I'd post it.

Personally, I think that would be hilarious if Hogan truly was on McMahon's side and is actually setting up TNA. But its obviously not true. Which is good though, cause without TNA, WWE has no competition which makes wrestling....more boring than it already is.

Big Evil
02-19-2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah as much of a WWE fan I am, I do wish that TNA would shock WWE and keep them on their toes. The Rock has the right idea, infuse some attitude back into the product. Professional wrestling was never meant to be aimed at six year olds so I don't think they should start now. Marketing at a child is the easiest way to get attention because we all know when a kid sees something, he bugs the crap out of his parents about it. Hence the shows might get watched. But right now the product is going to crap at this attempt, and TNA is the only chance we have at having mainstream wrestling become interesting again.

Slayer_X
02-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah as much of a WWE fan I am, I do wish that TNA would shock WWE and keep them on their toes. The Rock has the right idea, infuse some attitude back into the product. Professional wrestling was never meant to be aimed at six year olds so I don't think they should start now. Marketing at a child is the easiest way to get attention because we all know when a kid sees something, he bugs the crap out of his parents about it. Hence the shows might get watched. But right now the product is going to crap at this attempt, and TNA is the only chance we have at having mainstream wrestling become interesting again.

couldnt have said it better . we need mainstream competition . both shows are so boring now ...........i look forward to the new monday night wars

westlocke
02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I have to agree about aiming this towards the little kids. My youngest just turned 10, and we watch wrestling together. I cannot tell you how many times lately he has said "Well, that was stupid", or makes a comment about something being done poorly. I know he cannot sum it up properly, but I get the feeling it is insulting his intelligence at 10 years old.

CarnivoreJ
02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
It doesn't have to be mind bogglingly stupid to be PG anyone remember the late eighties?

There was a lot of stupid stuff but there was also plenty of good stuff to go along with it, and the characters were developed and handled well. I think the problem these days is the new breed of wrestlers cannot catch a break with characterization, I remember the Rock developing in the Attitude era and he, much like the Miz now, got lots of promo time and was on PPV developing the character and it took time and effort to turn his X-Pac heat into good old fashioned heel heat. The point is WWE has been horrible at following through and building interesting characters these days. They took a guy like Orton for instance and pissed everything good away last year with the stupid Mania storyline with HHH...They had a guy named Cena who was hella-over with a fun and interesting gimmick and they made him vanilla...they have been putting the title on and off of Batista for years and the guy has very little characterization, aside from the SCSA lite gimmick he played until recently, but I think they are doing better, I see guys like Miz, Morrisson, Punk et.al. and I am truly impressed at the characters being built and molded.

SO in summation I think the wrasslin business is on an upswing and I expect this Monday night thing to really give it a boost. But it may not, we never really know.

02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
this isn't the cold war, it's wrestling......