PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels Talks About His WrestleMania Matches With Austin, Hart, Ramon

Konan
02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
In the new 2010 WrestleMania XXVI Almanac magazine, WWE superstar Shawn Michaels says he has regrets about his WrestleMania 14 match with Stone Cold Steve Austin. At the time, Michaels' back was in terrible shape and his career was thought to be over. He was also an emotional wreck and admits he was not an easy guy to get along with in the WWE locker room. When asked if he has any regrets in his career, Michael said:

"The one I always come back to is my match against Steve Austin at WrestleMania 14. I just wasn't in a great place physically or emotionally. That one could have been so much more. Steve didn't get me at my best. And that's unfortunate, because it was the last time I got to work with him. Steve went on to such great things afterward, and I had an opportunity to make that match so much more."

Michaels also looks back at his matches with Bret Hart during the mid-90's and thinks the two legends could have accomplished a lot more together if not for their personal differences:

"I will say that I wish I had been in a better place in my life with Bret. Our matches were phenomenal, but I shudder to think what he and I could have accomplished had we gotten along."

Michaels also named his classic ladder match with Razor Ramon from WrestleMania as high on his list of all-time great WrestleMania matches:

"Over the years, the ladder itself has become the central figure of that particular stipulation, but in our situation, it served as a backdrop for something much bigger. We were two guys claiming rightful ownership of those titles, and the ladder was just there as a way for us to prove who was the best. Now, the ladder is the primary element, and these matches are often about what the contestants can do with it."

LOP