PDA

View Full Version : Is this the start of the end for TNA ?

drongo
02-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Ever since the start of the new year.and the inclusion of Eric Bischoff, I have been wondering what the hell Dixie Carter is thinking of having anything to do with him..
I mean, all you have to do is to look at his track record..

CarnivoreJ
02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Have you even watched any of the shows?

This is the most interested I have been in TNA in a year and I think it has sparked a fire in the writing team because the shows have been cogent, that is not to say there still aren't obvious plot holes, They are in a building process and it is excellent to see them get this Monday night slot. I am stoked about the future of TNA.

Pumphrey94
02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
TNA will fail

Swinny
02-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Have you even watched any of the shows?

This is the most interested I have been in TNA in a year and I think it has sparked a fire in the writing team because the shows have been cogent, that is not to say there still aren't obvious plot holes, They are in a building process and it is excellent to see them get this Monday night slot. I am stoked about the future of TNA.

Did you watch it yesterday? That was quite possibly the worst Impact I have ever seen. There was about 10 minutes of total wrestling, the rest was just meaningless promos and useless crap. Terrible, terrible show and if they keep that up when they switch to Mondays, they really won't last long, seriously.

cordy720
02-27-2010, 04:15 AM
innovation.. gone young talent getting pushes..... gone Hogan,Bischoff and Nasties...... wish they were gone

cordy720
02-27-2010, 04:20 AM
This version of TNA is sad and depressing I can't stand WWE and thats what it is starting to remind me of 80% promos 20% wrestling

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-27-2010, 04:45 AM
I agree there's more promos but seriously stop living in the past damnit. You people are not giving them a chance and truth be told they are making it better than what it was. The PPVs are much better now.

CarnivoreJ
02-27-2010, 06:54 AM
Did you watch it yesterday? That was quite possibly the worst Impact I have ever seen. There was about 10 minutes of total wrestling, the rest was just meaningless promos and useless crap. Terrible, terrible show and if they keep that up when they switch to Mondays, they really won't last long, seriously.

I have not seen the show yet. I will therefore ignore this comment until I get the opportunity to watch it and I will then give you my thoughts. I know for a fact however it cannot be the worst impact ever as I have watched TNA sporadically over the past 5 years and I have seen some absolutely horrific shows put out by them in that time.

**Update** I have watched the show, and if we are using the stop watch on the wrestling action there was more than 10 minutes. I counted 5 matches and my rough estimation is actually more like 30 minutes of wrestling action, which is still poor but hyperbole is unnecessary. This show actually was decent. It moved a lot of story lines ahead, it established a tag title match and an X title match for Destination X PPV. I can do without the 3D/Nasties stuff, but pretty much everything else worked and was somewhat interesting...however there were many things they could have done differently, the bait and swerve with Jarrett could have been done in a 2 minute backstage skit and allowed for a much longer match with Abyss and Wolfe (which was needed). So while it was far from a great show it was way better than some of the crap I've seen TNA put out. As far as meaningless promos and useless crap I'm going to go ahead and put it out there, maybe you should stick with ROH and the indy scene bro, Wrestling is about telling a compelling story to get you to pay the PPV dollars. They are using all of this "useless crap" to build to something, which in turn makes it the opposite of useless. Now was it good? I'll admit some of the skits were unneeded (Jarrett flipping burgers three times? really?) but for the most part everything was needed and moved the stories along nicely.

innovation.. gone young talent getting pushes..... gone Hogan,Bischoff and Nasties...... wish they were gone

Innovation gone? really? Because they got rid of that horrid gimmicky ring? It added nothing to the program and made TNA look and feel like a huge gimmick, now they feel like a real Professional wrestling promotion again.

As for young talent, I agree that I hate the Nasties taking up air time. I also agree I hate seeing Daniels get depushed so hard as he is a company man and a hard working sum-bitch, but AJ is the champ and is in the midst of one hell of a push. They are heading into a PPV that will supposedly be mostly X Division matches. They have given guys like D'Angelo Dinero, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, and Desmond Wolfe much needed time on television and in DD and Desmond's case actually being pushed pretty hard. Not to mention the fact that Anderson just entered into what should be a heated rivalry with Angle, Eric Young getting some valuable spotlight with Kevin Nash in his war against the Band...I mean they are showcasing homegrown and young talent while using some of the older guys to get the attention of the average fan who hasn't watched for a while.

The point of all of this rant is things are not nearly as bad in TNA as they have been in the past. This is a company that once had Toby Keith feud with their world champion. They had football players beating up their world champion. I could go on for pages about ALL of the stupid things that have gone down in the short history of TNA and I just think the mistakes of late are quite protracted from what they had been.

Oraxis
02-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I skip the talking normally and watch the matches. and those can be pretty dam good.

jscott388
03-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't know why people think Bischoff has a bad track record.
1. He almost put Vince out of business.
2. It was the merger of Turner Broadcast and all the corporate guys that ruined WCW. They told Bischoff what he could and could not do. They told him to push for a family show.
3. The 6 sided ring was a GIMMICK. It didn't serve any other purpose other than looks. The only thing it was great for was that cage match where they supposed to climb out that steel asylum which was a gimmick as well. No one can safely and quickly can climb out that top in the center of ring.
4. The older guys are giving the younger guys a push.
5. Yes a lot of promo, but no different from WWE.
6. TNA goal is bring a mix of everything. Not the same thing over and over. How many times in the last month or two have you seen dx and big show/miz or big show / chris in the ring? The story lines are bland and its the same people feuding over and over, even after pay per views. With TNA you don't see talents just feuding with one guy or team all the time, you see them feuding with multiple parties. Hence, AJ / Flair is feuding with Abyss, Pope, Hogan and Bischoff. That is 3 different story lines going on right there. Yes there are somethings being used a little too much (nasty boys/team 3d) but not as much as WWE does their talents. Not to mention, Scott Hall/Six pac. Kevin Nash, Eric Young, Kurt, the attack on the Pope... Scott Hall / Six Pac are not following one same story, they have being doing multiple.
7. I like both programs, but WWE seems just to slack cause they hadn't had anyone giving them run until now. So its going to be interesting what both companies are going to do, pushing them and thinking outside the box and giving the fan and talents a choice.

catchfan II
04-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I like a lot of what TNA is doing, but I kind of feel they're letting their in-ring product suffer a little. Too much emphasis on skits right now.

Oraxis
04-08-2010, 01:44 AM
i agree, shut up and wrestle already. way too many skits, not enough wrestling

ClayMation
04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
i have nothing much else to add to whats already been said on here really, but i disagree with anyone who thinks Bischoff himself is gonna ruin TNA. Look at WCW...thier best years where when Bischoff had control and was basically running the show. They took his power away, and WCW died very quickly. Im not saying he is the savior or anything, but Bischoff will do nothing but improve TNA. They ARE using talent like they should, for the most part. they just axed the Nasty Boys FINALLY and they are using the established guys to get the young guys over (look at Eric Young vs. The Band, Mr. Anderson vs. Angle) and they are establishing new stars and pushing those who deserved to be pushed (DiAngelo Dinero, Eric Young, Desmond Wolfe, etc.)

Bottom line: have some patience. Its a slow build process for TNA, they can only go up from here...but it will take some time.

NightmareRko
04-13-2010, 05:06 AM
I havent wacht it since Kurt vs sAMOA jOE

NightmareRko
04-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Not much to see there but the leftovers of Wwe

deadmanwalkin
04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
i have nothing much else to add to whats already been said on here really, but i disagree with anyone who thinks Bischoff himself is gonna ruin TNA. Look at WCW...thier best years where when Bischoff had control and was basically running the show. They took his power away, and WCW died very quickly. Im not saying he is the savior or anything, but Bischoff will do nothing but improve TNA. They ARE using talent like they should, for the most part. they just axed the Nasty Boys FINALLY and they are using the established guys to get the young guys over (look at Eric Young vs. The Band, Mr. Anderson vs. Angle) and they are establishing new stars and pushing those who deserved to be pushed (DiAngelo Dinero, Eric Young, Desmond Wolfe, etc.)

Bottom line: have some patience. Its a slow build process for TNA, they can only go up from here...but it will take some time.

WRONG when bischoff was still in complete control the show went under and they tried to bring it back by getting rid of him and it didnt work

hogan and the whole "band" are no help what so fucking ever they are all washed up specially hogan and nash not that those 2 could ever perform but still and pac and hall are big pieces of shit that are still prolly getting drunk and high and whatever else they do