PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce raise the curtain: Hendo vs Shields official for April

Pumphrey94
02-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Jake Shields has officially confirmed in an interview to MMAWeekly.com radio that he will meet the former Pride Middleweight Champion Dan Henderson at Strikeforce on CBS event on April. ShieldsKazuo Misaki stated that he is excited to fight the legendary Dan Henderson, revealing that there were some things that were holding the official announcement of the fight:

"I have a date and venue, but they told me to hold that back. Hopefully CBS. I think it's CBS. There's a slight possibility of Showtime because they're still working it out. I don't know the rest of the card or any of that yet. But me and Dan's on, and I'm hoping it's on CBS.

There was a few little things holding it back, but luckily everything's been worked out and I'm just happy the fight's happening and I want to go out there and put on an exciting fight."

Jake Shields will enter the fight holding an impressive 24-4 record, with key victories over Hayato Sakurai, Yushin Okami, Mayhem Miller, Robbie Lawler and Paul Daley. The fight is set to serve as the co-main event of the evening that will be headlined by the Heavyweight bout between Fabricio Werdum and Fedor Emelianenko, that has not been officially announced just yet.