PDA

View Full Version : Werdum hails "mature" Wanderlei Silva

Pumphrey94
02-25-2010, 01:05 AM
As one of his friends and trainers, Fabricio Werdum spoke about Wanderlei Silva's victory over Michael Bisping at the UFC 110 event in Australia:

“I sparred with him at Affliction training center and I felt that he was in a very good shape, but he was no longer that crazy dog from the old days. He is more mature, he exploded in the right times. Bisping is no joke, he is a very good fighter, but Wanderlei fought smarter. I have really enjoyed that fight."

However, he wasnt happy with the outcome of the main event, between Cain Valasquez and the legendary Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Noguiera:

“I was really disappointed with that loss. I did not thought it’d be an easy fight, but I wasn’t expecting this. I thought Velasquez would take him down all the time, but he was smart. He has a good muay thai, a good boxing… That’s the game I’m looking for. This is the future of MMA, exchanging , takedown and working on the ground and pound”.

Fabricio Werdum currently prepares for the fight against the arguably number one Pound-for-Pound fighter in the World, Fedor Emelianenko. "Vai Cavalo" trains in the legendary Chute Boxe Academy, which produced Brazilian Mixed Martial Arts superstars like Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva and the Rua brothers.