PDA

View Full Version : Bisping is not happy with the decision score for Wanderlei Silva

Pumphrey94
02-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Michael Bisping feels that following his 15-minute stand up battle against Wanderlai Silva at UFC 110, that he deserved the victory. This was Wanderlei's first victory at 185lbs and he looked like he hadn't lost a lot of his power while cutting the weight.

Wanderlei Silva had the "The Count" in real danger several times and nearly finished him at the end of round 3 with heavy and precise striking. Wanderlei Silva controlled the fight more than we are used to see, with wild hooks and clinch knees, although Bisping feels he put forward a strong case to the judges.

"I don't know," Bisping said. "It was a close fight; personally I thought I won the first two rounds."

Bisping feels he took Round 1 on aggression and effective striking and that the guillotine attempt in Round 2 wasn't enough to award Silva the round with. Obviously he lost the 3rd round after the knockdown and some domination by Silva in the stand up game.

"Wanderlei did a great job, congratulations to him, full credit him on winning the fight. Personally apart from the guillotine and when I got dropped in the third, but apart from that as far as round two I didn't really have any offense come my way. I felt I clearly won those first two rounds."

Bisping has shown frustration in his recent record which stands at 1-2. Especially after he was so close to a title shot last year until he was brutally knocked out by Dan Henderson at UFC 100 and dropped out of title contention.

"I trained my *ss off. My team works really hard. We don't put all this effort in to lose to a good fight or a good performance. Yes Wandy is a legend and I was very proud to fight him, but I'm a little disappointed right now."

He also said how he wanted to make a swift return to prove his worth and would definitely consider a rematch. After this loss though he will need to fight more top fighters and win to hope to be back in contention in a stacked 185lb UFC division.

This makes me laugh hahaha

LInk_of_time
02-25-2010, 03:05 AM
While I'll agree that bisping shouldn't have lost all 3 rounds, the match really could have gone either way. As a side note bisping really has no right to complain as he still has a sham victory over matt hamill, sometimes the judges play favorites no one knows this more than bisping and hamill.

Swinny
02-25-2010, 03:23 AM
I agree with him, actually. He definitely won the first two rounds and yes, Silva looked great near the end of the 3rd, but that wasn't enough to win it.

Pumphrey94
02-25-2010, 04:56 AM
^ he landed more punches in the fight. he went for the choke he was aggresive anytime he got taken down he got rite up exept the 1st time and it didnt last long either he even got a few takedowns himself that lasted a good amount of time he controlled the pace of fight he rocked bisping 2 times then scored a knockdown he has nuthing to bitch about!

02-25-2010, 02:14 PM
ty

Big Evil
02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
If you ask me it almost sounds like he's bitching and whining about losing. Sure, the scoring could have went differently, not so one-sided, but the bottom line is you take what you get and move on. He isn't going to get anything by complaining about how the judges scored his previous fights.

The Ultimate Fighter
02-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Silva won, he looked better. No debate here.

Konan
03-01-2010, 07:54 AM
thanks for the update

tapout
03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Call it karma for the win over Hamill.