PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS* Smackdown Tapings 7/28!

F4L
07-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks to reader Joe Gregg for sending in the following report:

3/4 of the upper deck was tarped off. They aired the Wrestlemania highlights before opening.

Dark Match:

*Ryan Wilson (aka Trytan in TNA, Titus in OVW) defeated Funaki.

*Jamie Noble defeated a masked wrestler who came out with Japanese-themed tights and music. I didn't catch his name.

Note from Mike Johnson: It was former WCW and WWE star Billy Kidman under the mask. I do not believe Kidman has been signed to a new deal.

JBL/Cole enter to JBL's theme.

Smackdown:

SmackDown pyro.

*Ken Kennedy defeated Batista via countout. Ken Kennedy first one out. He cuts off the ring announcer (puts his hand over his mouth) and does his ring announcer bit. Batista comes out. Short match and Kennedy goes over via count out. Batista beats him up after but Kennedy escapes.

*Chavo Guerrero does an interview from Stamford, says he's not in Detroit for personal reasons. Very short interview.

*Vito defeated Simon Dean via submission.

*Sylvan over Tatanka with a spinning diamond cutter.

Backstage segment showing Ashley/Jillian walking to the ring.

WWE On Demand 24/7, WWE overseas military trip and other various segments run during commercials.

*Michelle McCool (with Kristal) defeated Jillian Hall (with Ashley) when Michelle uses the ropes during her pin.

*Sharmell invites the crowd/viewers to the Championship Commencement, next.

*WWE World champion King Booker Commencement. Balloons fall from the ceiling. It doesn't go five minutes before Rey Mysterio interferes. Rey does the sitting slam on booker and the chair falls over. The referees run in. During this segment, a Michael Jackson mugshot sign was confiscated. Booker acknowledged the sign and kind of had a "what the" reaction.

Backstage segment, William Regal and Finlay talking about their past. Regal reminisces and says he remembers when Finlay kicked out his teeth when they were kids. Regal says hes a tough SOB and Finlay simply calls him an SOB.

*WWE United States champion Finlay defeated William Regal when The Little Bastard interferes and low blows Regal with the schileleigh whiled the referee is fixing the turnbuckle. Dances around behind the referee while he fixes the turnbuckle. Pretty funny.

*JT wins the musical chairs segment. Layla was first out, and she's way too hyper in person. Jen, Milena and the other blonde are really hot in person. Miz had to re-do one of this bits during this segment, what a shock.

*In his Smackdown debut, Sylvester Turkay (coached by OVW's Elijah Burke, using only his first name and also debuting) defeated Matt Hardy. Turkay is an MMA/PRIDE/UFC style character. Turkay squashes Hardy and defeats him via submission, which was really a choke-out.

*WWE World champion King Booker defeated Rey Mysterio to retain when Chavo does a run-in. Booker T pins Rey Mysterio when Chavo interferes and attacks Rey on the outside of the ring. Good match with back-and-forth action.

SmackDown ends, they set up for ECW. They bring out the ECW stage and cover the SD set. They also set up the hard camera directly in front of the SD stage, not the original hard camera. I didn't get on TV during ECW because of this.

Groups of people left before ECW.

You basically saw everything on TV as far as ECW goes.

After the main event, Big Show and Kane remained in the ring. Great Khali's music hit, he and Divari enter. Undertaker follows. Crowd pops loud. Kane and UT go over Big Show with a double-chokeslam after Khali walks out on Big Show. Khali wasn't tagged in once and did no physical activity during the match.

Loudest Pops:
1) Undertaker
2) Rey Mysterio
3) Batista
4) Kane
5) Dreamer/Sabu/Balls/Hardy

Loudest Heat:
1) Booker T
2) Big Show
3) Ken Kennedy

BeLtHaZoR
08-01-2006, 12:49 PM
WWE SmackDown! Review
- Mr Kennedy VS Batista: Good match: I like the way they are going with Batista losing against Mr Kennedy. Hopefully the Evolution Batista will return, because I don't enjoy the Face Batista.
- Vito VS Simon Dean: Decent match: I still believe Vito needs to be in ECW. Too bad about Simon Deans’ role as a jobber.
- Tatanka VS Sylvan: Good match: Did I just see Sylvan in a match? Did I just see Sylvan win a match? They should have never broken up La Resistance.
- Michelle McCool VS Jillian Hall: Not interested enough to watch.
- Finlay VS William Regal: Good match: Little Bastard is so cool.
- Diva Search: Not interested enough to watch.
- Sylvester VS Matt Hardy: Euhm …
- Booker T VS Rey Mysterio: Not interested enough to watch.

Plus: Mr Kennedy - Batista Angle. Finlay & Little Bastard.
Minus: Simon Dean as a jobber. Diva Search. Booker T & Sharmell.