PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgraded (5Mar10) Details Inside

LionDen
03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
We have upgraded to the latest vB and now over 250 bugs have been fixed. I could mention them but there is no real point, you will know if something is fixed or not and whetehr the frum runs smoother. Please make a thread in Feedback if you do find a problem on the furm, the Feedback forum does not have many threads which is a good sign that UOW runs smoothly. The fourm should run alot better now and I recommend everyone clearing out their cookies and Internet temp files, which you should do now and then anyway. :)

We also have updated a few items on the fourm, they are:

Blogs:
I have finally got the blog working and any member may go in and have their own blog. We need more categories for the blog system so any ideas will be welcome. I will make a blog thread eventually just for blog discussion, questions, ideas, news, tips etc etc. Feel free to go in and write an article as your blog will be picked up by the search engines easier than the forums. More to say on this in its own thread.

CMS (Main Page):
I am still working on this and it will have it own thread also. It will have latest news and alot more.

Arcade:
he arcade now has 685 games and there will be over 1000 by next week. I have another 3000 - 4000 games to add and they will be added in time. So, there will always be new games to play atleast for a long time yet. I will make an arcade thread so players can put games in there that don't score etc. We can place them in there own category and get them out fo the way.

Chatbox:
There seems to be alot of chatboxes available at the moment but the reason I like the one we have is that it has a chat log out system. You can log out of chat by clicking the green button to the left of the chat box. Also, if you do not use chat for 5 mins, you are automatically logged out. If you can not type in the text area then you have been logged out and you must click the little green button to reopen chat. I will leave it at 5 mins now but it can change at any time but 5 mins is good for server load.

Skin:
Some of you from the old UOWForums will remember the skin we had, well that skin will be returning but will be an upgraded version. Ofcourse, the skin I used will not be ready for a while due to the problems with the way vB is code dnow but we will use a temp skin for now and who knows, it may look good and becme the main skin. The problem with this upgrade though, the temp skin I was coding is not upgraded for the new vB yet ( as this vB upgrade is very different). So, now we are stuck with temp number 2 lol. When the next vB upgrade comes out, the other skins will be ready. You may notice the fixed width of the forum, we use to have a width of 800 px (15 inch monitor) in the old days, now we have a width of 1024 px (17 inch monitor). The way monitors are going, UOW may one day be 3 foot wide ...

Forum Tabs:
You may have seen the forum tabs with different categories like WOW, LOW, Wrestling etc, well we had problems with that and we are going to wait for the next upgrade. So, the fourm tabs will be returning when they are running a bit better.

Side Bar:
I have decided to use vB side bar as it is possible to have latest blog articles, latest posts / threads and CMS articles. It will probably end up on all pages but if it can't we may go with another side bar but a decision will be made as we go.

As always, if I have more to add, I will add the date in the title and a new post. Please feel free to give any ideas, opinions etc as the forum is for you the member and we do what we can for you.

Thanx :)

Shane McMahon's Ass
03-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Great work Lion :)

Thank you so so so so much!

John
03-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks Lion .. <3 :)

Konan
03-05-2010, 11:52 AM
thanks but i got problem sometimes ..(data base error while posting or replying):shifty:

LionDen
03-05-2010, 04:45 PM
thanks but i got problem sometimes ..(data base error while posting or replying):shifty:

Close your browser, clean out your cookies and temp internet files and then open your browser and try UOW. Then see if the problem persists.

Oh and it seems when you quote it goes halfway down the post lol all forums are having this problem and I will try to fix it.

Konan
03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
yup and its fixed .thanks for convenience .

Kellie
03-05-2010, 11:58 PM
When all else fails, clear cookies :shifty:

Thankyou Lion, the forum looks amazing

John
03-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Only wrong thing is when in pm's and in replying via quotes.. it leaves a massive gap.

But as usual, Lion, you are awesome.. thankyou :)