PDA

View Full Version : Dan Henderson And Jake Shields - No Longer Drinking Buddies?

Shane McMahon's Ass
03-06-2010, 04:49 AM
During a chance encounter at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada last month, Dan Henderson and Strikeforce middleweight champ Jake Shields may have shared a few drinks together, but we all know the old adage – whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

"Jake and I hung out in Vegas … I had a drink or two with him," Henderson said of their Frank the Tank-like exploits. "Beyond that, it's all business once we get in the cage.

"I'm friends with almost everybody."

Although their 185-pound scrap wasn't "officially" announced as the main event for CBS' April 17th show until this week, the pair have been fully aware of their impending championship battle for quite some time.

Unfortunately, with just over six weeks before the curtain is drawn, playtime is definitely over for the Team Quest-trained fighter. Henderson realizes that not every 39-year-old gets the opportunity to start all over again, and that's why he's planning on making the most with his shot.

"I'm very excited to be fighting in Strikeforce, on CBS and possibly Showtime [in the future]," said Henderson. "To come in and have a title fight in my first fight here against Jake Shields is very exciting to me and is something that is going to motivate me in my training."

FL

Konan
03-06-2010, 08:18 PM
thanks for the update krist