PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy Responds To "USA" Chants During Justin Gabriel vs. Wade Barrett Last Night

John
03-10-2010, 10:00 PM
For those that missed it last night on WWE NXT, the fans started chanting USA during the match of Justin Gabriel vs. Wade Barrett. Both Michael Cole and Josh Mathews questioned on the air why the fans were chanting USA when neither competitor was American. Matt Hardy commented on the chants today on Twitter. Below is what he had to say:

MATTHARDYBRAND Wanna thank all that chanted USA in support of me last night on NXT-cuz my pupil is South African & opponents were British & Canadian, Ha!

Kage
03-10-2010, 10:54 PM
The 'Wwe Universe' showed its ignorance last night.

Big Evil
03-11-2010, 12:15 AM
^^^Well not really, Hardy is American so chanting USA while he was out there makes sense... plus who is going to cheer for the rookies when we barely know their names?

Konan
03-11-2010, 07:18 AM
lol thanks for the update

Kage
03-11-2010, 10:04 PM
^^^Well not really, Hardy is American so chanting USA while he was out there makes sense... plus who is going to cheer for the rookies when we barely know their names?

Why would they be cheering for someone who isn't even in the ring though? And Hardy usually gets a 'Hardy' chant anyways. I think that the fans just heard Barrett speak and didn't hear Gabriel, so they assumed Gabriel was American.

Big Evil
03-12-2010, 01:26 AM
^^^Perhaps they did, we won't know and we can't really ask them. We know the US has it's fair share of idiots, and we know that a lot of assumptions are made as well.

The Major
03-12-2010, 01:55 AM
OR they knew none of them where american. and decided to show they love their country ¬¬