PDA

View Full Version : WWE Bringing Goldberg Back?,

Konan
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
- WWE showed a WrestleMania recall on RAW this week of Bill Goldberg pinning Brock Lesnar in 2004 as a way to plug Steve Austin’s guest host gig but the company has actually been talking about Goldberg and trying to get some kind of relationship going with him.

They realize he won’t come back and wrestle but they’re thinking of some kind of Legends deal to use his likeness in video games and such. Goldberg could also be possible for next year’s Hall of Fame in Atlanta since they’re running low on “main eventers” to induct.

Smartmark
03-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Goldberg in HOF?? :lmao:

DUKE NUKEM
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
lol thanks for the post Konan

ClayMation
03-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Goldberg in HOF for the 5 years or so that he wrestled? doubt it.

Swinny
03-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Goldberg in HOF?? :lmao:

Yup, that's about my thoughts on it, too.

LionDen
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I don't care if he got in the HOF but I personally would like to see him comie back to wrestling :) lol I liked him :shifty:

Kage
03-11-2010, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't doubt Goldberg will be in the HOF one day.

gguru
03-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Remember, Pete Rose is in for one whole appearance...never say never

Big Evil
03-11-2010, 11:56 PM
We all know Goldberg wasn't the most talented wrestler in the business, but he did make an impact in the industry, he was popular, and a lot of people know his name. We also know he won't come back to wrestle, but I don't think he would be totally against a legends deal, hosting RAW perhaps, and it would allow them to sell Goldberg merchandise and have them in videogames. Don't know about you guys, but I would like to play as Goldberg again. Plus, he gets some extra money on the side of his Bullrun show... maybe we will see it.

Y0UR Messiah
03-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Goldberg HOF? That's like saying Vince McMahon the smartest man in the world.

Two things that just don't go together.

As far as the running out of Main Event people. What a load of bullshit. You have the Rock. Taker. HBK. Chris Benoit (never happen). Macho Man. Vader. Arn Anderson. Hell, I'd even throw out the Warrior's name. There are lots of people that deserve to go into the fake HOF way before Goldberg does.

Swinny
03-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Goldberg HOF? That's like saying Vince McMahon the smartest man in the world.

Two things that just don't go together.

As far as the running out of Main Event people. What a load of bullshit. You have the Rock. Taker. HBK. Chris Benoit (never happen). Macho Man. Vader. Arn Anderson. Hell, I'd even throw out the Warrior's name. There are lots of people that deserve to go into the fake HOF way before Goldberg does.

I wouldn't call Arn Anderson a main eventer... but I agree with your point.

Big Evil
03-12-2010, 03:13 AM
fake HOF?

Your joking, right? Why don't you people get over the childish crap about wrestling being 'fake' and deal with the fact that it is a show, an illusion, made to entertain without the bloody abuse you see from the UFC and the like... God I'm so sick of this 'ooh that's fake, it's not real' bullshit.

The Hall of Fame in professional wrestling is made to highlight the careers of those that dedicated themselves to their CRAFT, who entertained us for years sacrificing their bodies in the name of putting on a show. They deserve a Hall of Fame more than those steroid junkies in baseball or the fixed fighters in boxing.

Swinny
03-12-2010, 03:46 AM
fake HOF?

Your joking, right? Why don't you people get over the childish crap about wrestling being 'fake' and deal with the fact that it is a show, an illusion, made to entertain without the bloody abuse you see from the UFC and the like... God I'm so sick of this 'ooh that's fake, it's not real' bullshit.

The Hall of Fame in professional wrestling is made to highlight the careers of those that dedicated themselves to their CRAFT, who entertained us for years sacrificing their bodies in the name of putting on a show. They deserve a Hall of Fame more than those steroid junkies in baseball or the fixed fighters in boxing.

I was with you up until the last sentence there.

You're trying to defend professional wrestling from it's bad reputation and from stereotypes within it... but yet you go right on and stereotype baseball and boxing right after that, which is a bit hypocritical.

Big Evil
03-12-2010, 05:11 AM
^^^Perhaps it is, but at least there have been baseball players admitting they used steroids, so I'm not being a hypocrite about that... as far as they boxing part, yes, yes I was :shifty:

Konan
03-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't know why. Goldberg's been out of the ring for a pretty long time, is gettin up there , who knows how good of shape he's really in, plus he's got an ego the size of Texas. They'd be better off trying to get Austin back in there on a basis as GM or something.

Y0UR Messiah
03-12-2010, 11:49 PM
fake HOF?

I think you got the wrong point to it. What I meant by fake HOF is that it's all in Vince's mind. A REAL HOF has a building, a place that people can go and relive the great wrestlers who were in this sport. The WWE HOF is nothing but someone getting a ring and doing a speech. Nothing more.

So with that in mind, it'll always be a fake HOF until McMahon actually opens up the wallet and builds a building for people to come view all the people inducted.

Hope that clarifies what I meant on that.

Big Evil
03-13-2010, 01:35 AM
^^^Ok my bad man... jumped the gun. By that clarified response, I can agree with you in stating that Vince needs to dedicate an actual location for the wrestling Hall of Fame, not just have an awards show each year before 'Mania.

Bubala
03-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Forget Goldberg...think GILLberg!

mikedudelang
03-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Macho Man, The Rock N' Roll Express, The Midnight Express, Jim Cornette, Road Warriors, The Fabulous Freebirds, Stan Hansen, Vader, Owen Hart, Chris Benoit, The Ultimate Warrior & Ron Simmons should ALL be in the HOF before someone like Goldberg. The guy had a 2 year run!

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-14-2010, 08:37 AM
All you Goldberg haters are stupid. The man was epic, was responsible for the biggest gate in wrestling history (TV show wise) he deserves it he was awesome and yeah he should return

Y0UR Messiah
03-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Goldberg was a rip off between the Warrior and SCSA. Period. Granted, I was a fan and still am, but he did nothing in his short ass career to grant him into the HOF. I mean really, I'd rather see Kevin Federline in the HOF than I would Goldberg.

Yeah...it's that bad.

Y0UR Messiah
03-14-2010, 09:31 AM
YEAH!

lol

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-14-2010, 09:35 AM
its ur problem then lol Goldberg will go there whether u like it or not :P

The Mac
03-21-2010, 03:53 AM
he will be in it someday.... same as i think he will wrestle again... if bret hart would come back after all those years im sure goldberg would to....
its all about the money