PDA

View Full Version : 'Fake' Wrestling

Big Evil
03-12-2010, 03:37 AM
I've heard enough of this crap so I though I'd put my mind to work and lay it out for you all. I am so damn sick of hearing these ignorant fools talk about professional wrestling. All they do is claim that wrestling is 'fake', that it isn't 'real'. I hear all the time about them saying that that wrestling is stupid, because they aren't really fighting, they don't even hit each other.

Now they aren't exactly lying, but they sure as hell aren't speaking the truth either. Professional wrestling is an industry in which men get in the ring, they put on a show for the fans, and send them home happy. Sure, the wrestlers are not going out to the ring with the intent to cause bodily harm. They are not so blood thirsty that they try to tear each other apart in order to get a win. No, they go out to the ring, they put on a show full of death-defying feats of athleticism, they wow and amaze us. They pull out all the stops in great technical wrestling contests, and they suspend belief with the all-out brawls that we have seen.

But to stand there and say wrestling is 'fake', I want to pull the same move we saw in Ready to Rumble, with the guy who had the nerve to say wrestling is fake to a pro wrestler being punched in the face. We have seen it in real life too, with wrestlers taking great offense to their profession being ridiculed. Wrestling is very real, and I dare anyone who doesn't think so to step in the ring. I know your going to say yeah I bet you never tried so don't lecture me about it! Fact is, I did try it. I wrestled for over a year. Training hard, running the ropes till I puked. It wasn't pleasant, but I was learning the craft from those that learn the hard way. I was learning to wrestle the right way. I was kicking ass and getting my ass kicked day after day, and I loved it.

The only reason I stopped wrestling is because I hurt my back in the ring one day, and I couldn't go on after that. Much as I hated it, I couldn't keep wrestling. That right there tells you just how real wrestling can be. We've all heard the stories, about how Sid Vicious broke his leg, how a botched piledriver broke Austin's neck. The injuries happen all the time, and I was a victim too. These men put their bodies on the line, you hear that line but it isn't bullshit. They get hurt all the time, and they wrestle all the time hurt. They don't do it for the money, those with pride wrestle because they want to entertain people, to enlighten their lives for a couple hours an evening. So the next time a person wants to run their mouths about wrestling being 'fake', I beg you to reconsider. Cuz all your being is an inconsiderate dick to guys like me.

Smartmark
03-12-2010, 09:10 AM
^^ I agree 100% Big Evil!

Wrestling is a Sport, and I would like these ignorants to go inside the ring with a pro wrestler to see how "Fake" it is, LOL!

Big Evil
03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
You see, that's just it. They don't have the balls like I did to get in there with two three-hundred pound guys and get tossed around. I'm not small, 6' 3" and 225 but I got my ass handed to me. So I don't want to here crap from guys like that.

John
03-12-2010, 05:38 PM
WWE Have made these morons who say 'Do you know wrestling's fake' more confident in saying this. Pathetic.

Big Evil
03-12-2010, 06:09 PM
It is pathetic to say it's fake, because fake implies that there is no real risk to what they do, that there is no possibility of being hurt or even killed. If they have paid any attention to the headlines over the years, they would know wrestlers get hurt all the time, and people have died resulting from injuries when they tried to wrestle.

Smartmark
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
^^ True!

Pre-Determined, Yes! Fake, No!

Travicity
03-13-2010, 06:12 AM
WWE Is sort of part of it in all honestly. Just a new person to it or just flicking through then your gonna see WWE and think that's all wrestling.

Me and SM have had some trouble with this. Let's not go there huh Emil?

Not Fake at all Movies are fake. It's scripted and Pre-Determined. But it will always be like that.

Big Evil
03-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, it will, and unless they try to infuse boxing or sumo wrestling like they have done in the past, wrestling will always be the same pre-determinded storyline-driven show. I don't have a problem with that, just as long as the product is engaging :shifty:

But as long as people call it fake, I'm going to keep defending it, because I am a fan no matter what somebody says about me.