PDA

View Full Version : Live Notes From RAW; WWE Superstars spoilers!

LionDen
03-16-2010, 08:26 PM
As usual, arena security didn't bother opening the doors until 30 minutes before bell time. I would guess the crowd will probably look pretty sparse when Superstars airs. The first match was a divas bout, which I didn't see. The second match was a six-man tag, where Christian, Mark Henry and Yoshi Tatsu beat Jack Swagger, Zack Ryder and William Regal.
Given how tepid the WWE crowds have seemed to be toward Stone Cold Steve Austin over the past couple of years, it was surprising to see how over he was. But the place went crazy when he came out to start the show. Kind of funny to see that the WWE broke the old Stone Cold merchandise out of mothballs, as T-shirts were for sale at the merch booths.

Not a lot happened during commercial breaks - mostly the usual Josh Mathews stuff, like the kiss cam and having people hold up their signs. There were two exceptions, though. One was Chris Jericho running down the live crowd prior to the start of his match, replying to the crowd's chants of "you suck" by saying, "I can't suck - I'm not from San Diego." The other was when CM Punk came out onto the stage during the break preceding the contract signing, and announced he would be taking on Rey Mysterio in the post-show dark match.

The dark match itself was really good. It went probably 10 minutes, with Punk on offense most of the time. Rey teased the 619 several times before finally hitting it and scoring the pin. Afterward, Rey had someone throw him a Mexican flag, which he laid on the mat, then did a Mexican hat-type dance around it. He then went around the ringside area and met fans.

The San Diego Sports Arena was packed, and if it wasn't a sellout, it was close. This was easily the best live crowd I've seen in San Diego since the attitude era. Can't wait for Wrestlemania!!

PWInsider.com

Konan
03-17-2010, 07:19 AM
thanks for the update /

Lord Epic
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks for this.

DUKE NUKEM
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
thanks for the post Lion