PDA

View Full Version : It's Official! Awesome Kong is released from TNA!

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 02:07 AM
Dave Meltzer is reporting that Awesome Kong has been officially released by TNA.

Swinny
03-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Well... no surprise there. Now, I'm curious if she'll go to WWE... or back to Japan, or what the story will be.

Shane McMahon's Ass
03-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Not happy Jan! :furious: I hope she goes back to Japan though.

Thanks SM

mikedudelang
03-19-2010, 04:24 AM
Stupid move. She was great in TNA.

Shane McMahon's Ass
03-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Credit: Prowrestling.net

Multiple sources are reporting that Awesome Kong and TNA Wrestling have agreed to part ways.

Kong's profile has been removed from TNA's website, which is their unofficial way of confirming a wrestler's departure from the company. They do not publicly comment on roster changes.

It was reported last week that Kong was telling friends within the industry that the company had agreed to release her from her contract. This coincides with a recent Twitter post where she thanked Dixie Carter and TNA Wrestling for wishing her the best in her future endeavors.

She had reportedly been asking for a fifteen percent pay increase or a contractual release, with company officials opting for the latter.

One of the holdups in her release becoming official is that TNA wanted to include a lengthy non-compete agreement, while she was asking for the traditional ninety-day non-compete. Sources are unaware of the length of the non-compete agreement that will be enforced.

Kong is the fourth female performer to part ways with the company this year, following Alissa Flash, Roxxi and Traci Brooks.

NoDQ

Konan
03-19-2010, 06:14 PM
BIG MAMA has got some talent to be her size she was sick wit it with some of those moves too. Definite loss for TNA in that womens division even though i think she could have probly beat the stove top stuffin off alot of guys. I think shes to big to interest Vince in his new kiddie rated disney wrestling program.

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Let the Kong rumours on WM 26 start!!!

DUKE NUKEM
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
thanks for the update Krist

Dilph
03-19-2010, 07:08 PM
love to see her vs Beth Phoenix

cordy720
03-20-2010, 01:00 AM
losing Kong for bubba the love sponge bad move one of the most talented women wrestlers on the planet doesn't make since more bad decisions this is not going to end well for TNA

Konan
03-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Let the Kong rumours on WM 26 start!!!

I still don't see Kong getting into WWE at all. How much you'd like to see it doesn't really factor in. I've been to shows and saw Kong wrestle at ROH, Shimmer, and TNA, but I still don't think she's going to get into WWE. If I'm wrong, no problem.

scorpionf
03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Yep - smart move TNA... NOT!!!

And to think that they are keeping that waste of space Bubba the Love Sponge around :dearme: