PDA

View Full Version : JR on the banning of chairshots

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Jim Ross has a new entry on his website, this time talking about the recent banning of chair shots in the WWE.

"Nice to see WWE focus on eliminating chair shots to the heat of their athletes. I blogged about this several weeks ago which I am sure means nothing in regard to this decision being made. Some asked if I thought this mandate was "politically motivated" to which I emphatically say hell, no. It simply makes common sense and the overall health of the competitors has to be any companies utmost priority."

*** Source: Wrestleview ***

Black Widow
03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
banning chair shots.. next will be ladders, then there probably be no ladder matches or MITB.. then the extreme rules ppv will be canceled if it hasnt already..

ArJay
03-19-2010, 05:13 PM
You guys are seriously taking this too hard. WHO CARES IF THEY CAN'T HIT THEM IN THE HEAD WITH A CHAIR!! There's still gonna be CHAIR SHOTS, just not to the head. People act like chair shots to the head are the end all be all of professional wrestling. Seriously, get over it.

DUKE NUKEM
03-19-2010, 06:22 PM
thanks for the update Mark

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 06:25 PM
You guys are seriously taking this too hard. WHO CARES IF THEY CAN'T HIT THEM IN THE HEAD WITH A CHAIR!! There's still gonna be CHAIR SHOTS, just not to the head. People act like chair shots to the head are the end all be all of professional wrestling. Seriously, get over it.

It's not just the chairshots, it's everything WWE has done to their product the last couple of years.

Konan
03-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Wwe sucks plain and simple no blood no violence hell no fun..

ArJay
03-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Wwe sucks plain and simple no blood no violence hell no fun..

Your sig is pretty damn hypocritical then isn't it?
A - You have a banner of a WWE wrestler.
B - You're quote is from a WWE HoFer.
C - Hogan IS killing TNA, so why would I want to tune in like you said to do in that other thread?

Konan
03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Your sig is pretty damn hypocritical then isn't it?
A - You have a banner of a WWE wrestler.
B - You're quote is from a WWE HoFer.
C - Hogan IS killing TNA, so why would I want to tune in like you said to do in that other thread?

Oh, and one last thing....good luck WWE in all your future endeavors...

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 06:43 PM
^^ :lmao:

You know how to say things :)

Konan
03-19-2010, 06:46 PM
^^ :lmao:

You know how to say things :)

wwe is in deep shit :shifty:

ArJay
03-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Wow, that was funny? No wonder you guys like TNA. How the hell can WWE be "in deep shit"? They are DESTROYING TNA in the ratings. Like them or not, people are still tuning in, and will continue to do so long long LONG after TNA folds.

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I really never cared about ratings as long as I got to see some decent wrestling.

At this point I find it kinda funny that WWE's rating are higher than TNA's, cause they have a better roster and a better product right now.
But when that is said, TNA aint really good they either.

Konan
03-19-2010, 07:16 PM
to beat in ratings is not enough to declared that wwe rules.just you think if wwe viewers are 100 and tna views are 10.its not a big deal just you think why the 10 in tna ?off course they find something else from wwe and may be tna is more entertain for them. STUPID! ABSOLUTELY STUPID!

ArJay
03-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Yea I'm not about to sit here and say that WWE is amazing. It hasn't been that good since the Attitude days, for sure. But TNA, in no way shape or form, is better then WWE. They have an overcrowded roster, not a better one. Hogan, Flair, Sting, Hall, Nash, XPAAAAAAAAAC and the Nasty Boys need to just leave. Abyss is not the monster he was anymore, and, imo, is not deserving of the push he's getting right now. People like Pope, Wolfe, MCMG need to be in the spotlight alot more then old those people I just mentioned are. Beer Money, although deserving of it's current push, really needs to just make up their damn minds on whether to be face or heel. They've had more turns in the last few months then there's twists in an M. Night Shyamalan movie. If TNA could take the time to hash out some storylines, give the people that deserve it some pushes, get rid of all the fluff, blood only when it's necessary, stop giving Bischoff 45 minutes or promo time, THEN I make be able to take it a little more seriously.

Again, Konan, just stop lol. It doesn't matter if the program is shit or if it's amazing, in anyone's eyes. RATINGS ARE HOW TV SHOWS STAY ON THE AIR OR GET CANCELLED. If you don't think the ratings matter, you need to just stop, seriously.

Konan
03-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Actually id agreed with you in 1 point also that hogan flair and those kill tna.they kill the identify of tna dixie made big mistake to sign them.really i dont ever think tna cross wwe .but just u imagine wwe is too old as compare to tna and in this case if tna have 40 percent viewers as compare to wwe then its enough for tna to still run .i personally think tna made bit interest in their shows and ppv.dixie done too much for this business rather then wwe.so wwe should do what the fans like.

ArJay
03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
That's the thing though, TNA isn't even getting close to 40% the viewers that WWE is. This past weeks Raw pulled in 5.6 million viewers. Impact, was just over 1 million. If you do the math, that's just under 18%. They're gonna need alot higher percentages then that to remain head to head with Raw, SpikeTV can only be so lenient with them.

Konan
03-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah its a huge deal for tna to come closer to wwe.but tna still not lose their faith.just imagine 1 side 40 years business and the other site 4 year business .so i just think its take a huge time to get closer.wwe just need few more mistake like that to put tna .and belive if wwe take some more mistakes then defiantly tna gets a full advantage.brother rj

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I think much of both WWE and TNA's problem is that they only do thing for the money and for the rating.
Instead of putting washed up wrestlers on the show, they should concentrate on young talent that really can wrestle and can pull off a good match.

I know people have said this to me before, but I would rather watch a RAW episode with wrestling instead of talking and segments.

That Rob
03-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Jesus fucking christ, aReJay is the only one in here who is thinking logically, all the rest of you sound like dumb marks. Eliminating head shots with steel chairs is a fucking good thing, they've been proven to cause concussions and we still do not know the real long term damage a concussion does. And all of you saying that the PG era will kill the WWE, shut the fuck up because no it won't. They are doing better ratings then they were doing in 2005-2007 when it was PG-14, selling way more merchandise then since the Attitude era and are mking more money then they have since that time period. If making money and putting up high rating are going to kill the WWE, then what can save them?

Also besides taking out the blood and chair shots to the head, what really have we lost in the WWE?

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 09:13 PM
^^ Ratings doesn't mean shit for the fans, only for the company!

If you want to see a children show, that's no problem for me. But I won't watch it!

ArJay
03-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Ratings don't mean shit to the fans? Really? Does anybody even know what the fuck ratings are??? If a show has more fans, it's watched more, which is translated to higher viewers, i.e., higher ratings. If a show bombs, i.e. does poorly in the ratings, it gets cancelled. Now, tell me how a show getting canceled -doesn't- affect it's fans? People, think about these things before you say them.

LionDen
03-19-2010, 10:31 PM
We need some threads in the WWE discussion forum about all this ASAP. If any of you have thoughts, go and write up an article and place it in the WWE discussion thread and do a blog about it. Even link the thread in the blog. I will place it up on twitter and advertise them since this topic is a good one.

My view is that I do not like that WWE are doing all this, like get rid of chair shots to the head all because of Linda, I don't care what JR says or not. He wants his job back, he is going to say what he has to. If they did remove the chair shots to the head for the ehalth of the wrestlers, that is great but IMO they have not done this.

I will say alot more in the discussion threads.

Black Widow
03-19-2010, 10:40 PM
to be honest banning chair shots will be forgotten in a few weeks just like the few banned moves that was stopped a few years ago..

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Ratings don't mean shit to the fans? Really? Does anybody even know what the fuck ratings are??? If a show has more fans, it's watched more, which is translated to higher viewers, i.e., higher ratings. If a show bombs, i.e. does poorly in the ratings, it gets cancelled. Now, tell me how a show getting canceled -doesn't- affect it's fans? People, think about these things before you say them.

I couldn't care less about how many people who's in the audience. I watch Indies, and in those promotions I watch the fans are always participating, chanting, throwing toiletpaper etc. And they are actually allowed to show what they mean.

That Rob
03-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I disagree with Lion about them only doing this to help Linda and not save lives.

Who was Vince doing it for when he banned the use of the piledriver when Austin broke his neck, who was Vince doing it for when he banned wrestlers from coming down from the ceiling after Owen fell? He cares about his wrestlers, sometimes it just takes a while before he steps in, but once something bad happens then he does what he needs to.

Smartmark
03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
^^ Well, the Piledriver has been used after the banning.

Konan
03-20-2010, 07:13 AM
You can't do shit in wwe no more. You can't even fart in a wwe arena. Its censored and focused on kids under 8 yrs of age..... Everyone go to tna!!!!!!!! Tna tna tna tna