PDA

View Full Version : Edge Speaks On Chris Jericho, WrestleMania, & More

Kellie
03-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Edge appeared via satellite on FOX 5's Good Day New York this morning to promote Wrestlemania 26.

Edge was asked about his Achille's heel injury and was asked if he was sure he can get back in the ring. Edge joked, "No!" but he's been back for about a month and he's lucky he's had that time leading into Wrestlemania. He said he's had some time to get back into ring shape, but nothing "really prepares you for it beyond actually being in there."

They plugged that Wrestlemania was ten days away and asked if "Jericho" (which is how they referred to Chris Jericho the entire interview) had any vulnerabilities there that Edge could exploit in his match (No, really, they did this). Edge said you have two Canadian guys, which means they are both stubborn and hard-headed, "which means we'll probably butt heads a lot throughout it."

Edge said they have that East-West rivalry since one grew up a Calgary Flames fan and Edge is from Toronto. Edge said they really just don't like each other and Jericho "isn't really Canadian, too." Edge said it's going to be fun because Jericho is a great wrestler and getting in front of 70,000 people and "you can't beat that feeling."

Edge was then asked if Jericho might use his background against him, since Edge is a "college graduate with a degree in broadcasting" (No, they really said this as well). Edge had this dumbfounded smile on his face and then said "I might go into my radio voice."

Edge also plugged a 4/20 event at Mohegan Sun. Edge joked that they always seem to end up in "Fargo, North Dakota in February" so it will be nice to be somewhere with nice weather. Oddly, no mention of the planned return to Madison Square Garden.

It was obvious the reporters involved were trying to treat the entire segment as tongue-in-cheek while Edge was giving them a straight forward interview response.

PWI

DUKE NUKEM
03-20-2010, 06:21 AM
thanks for the post Kellie

BatiCena
03-20-2010, 06:52 AM
EDGE will win this match!

Konan
03-20-2010, 07:00 AM
great thanks for the update

Lord Epic
03-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Cheeky gits. Edge ... well.. he might win.. but i mean. its jericho, no matter how much of a douche they have made him he wont lose his title this soon after winning it. tbh.