PDA

View Full Version : Ted Dibiase Sr. Talks About Letting His Sons In The Business

Kellie
03-23-2010, 05:18 AM
In the March 25 edition of Fighting Spirit magazine, which is published in the UK, Ted DiBiase talked about why he let his sons go into the wrestling business. After finding religion, he walked away from WWE during the attitude era due to their content. He changed his mind about the company after a meeting with Stephanie McMahon. He met with her in 2005 to explanation his problems with the WWE product. "She understood, and said that I was entitled to my opinion. Steve Austin was the biggest star they ever had - he certainly surpassed Hogan - but I told Stephanie that I didn't want my son's hero to be a guy who comes out and flips everyone the bird, cusses like a sailor and guzzles beer," DiBiase said. "It wasn't even that so much as the nature of wrestling, as in all of the things that came along with wrestling," he added. Then, it changed when he took a closer look at the product saying, "What I saw when I went back in 2005 was how much the business had changed." The full interview will appear when the magazine comes out later this week

DUKE NUKEM
03-23-2010, 06:25 AM
thanks for the post Kellie

TJChurch
03-23-2010, 06:50 AM
I read what he & many of his sons have said about it in his book a few months back... Now, I still question why Ted Jr.'s in the biz. (And why they won't announce him as "Jr.".)

Konan
03-23-2010, 10:30 AM
thanks forr the update