PDA

View Full Version : Is Foley really fired?

LionDen
03-26-2010, 05:12 AM
This is just a quick question, I was wondering if Foley was really fired. I have been reading about him planning on doing other projects as he has alot of time off now.

If he is fired, I thhink that is a bad idea as I think he was good for the product.

TJChurch
03-26-2010, 05:28 AM
I dunno. In a recent blog I read, he says he wrote it on MySpace & will be doing it there b/c his blog he writes for TNAWrestling's site was removed & he doesn't know why. (Also claims he'll try to make Mania Sunday.)

John
03-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Considering he says he'll try make Mania then i think he is. I hope he isnt tho :(.

TJChurch
03-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Considering he says he'll try make Mania then i think he is. I hope he isnt tho :(.

I'd love to see him there, maybe even on-camera. Even more, would love to see him, Vince, & JR have a talk (prob. off-camera), & have his Lockdown book come out while he's back with the 'E.

Smartmark
03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Foley will always be my favorite wrestler. And it's a bad move by TNA to fire him if that's the case.

I know people think he is washed up and all that. But he still brought very much good into TNA. Hi was good as playing shareholder in TNA. And I must admit, when he won the TNA title from Sting at Lockdown last year. I marked the hell out!

Foley is GOD!

LionDen
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
lol it is amazing no one is really sure about this. I guess if he does go to WM, it does show he has left TNA but why couldn't he go to WM if he has time to do it anyway. I would be surprised if they let him get on camera at WM lol but you never know.

Smartmark
03-27-2010, 03:37 AM
I guess he will go there with his kids. Like a decent dad would do

TJChurch
03-27-2010, 04:29 AM
One of the Highlanders showed up on-camera at TNA last WM weekend... Where is he now? That's why.

Kellie
03-27-2010, 04:30 AM
He can go see mania even if he is with TNA, they are not going to stop him being there to watch, that is the way I took it when he said that, not actually "being IN Mania" ... he just has to stay low for the storyline, he will return when the script says so :shifty:

LionDen
03-27-2010, 07:02 AM
One of the Highlanders showed up on-camera at TNA last WM weekend... Where is he now? That's why.

Why diid it matter that a Highlander showed up?

Kellie
03-27-2010, 07:07 AM
I do more than most to do whats best for the forum, dont ever question that, I am not a wrestling fan and I responded to a few that I read because I am far to busy to read every post and I do not need to read every post to reply, maybe you should stop jumping in thinking its all about you ... now moving on, I doubt he has left TNA

TJChurch
03-27-2010, 07:08 AM

Not to me; Only read about it... But he was only in town due to Mania, which probably didn't go over well with WWE.

I do more than most to do whats best for the forum, dont ever question that, I am not a wrestling fan and I responded to a few that I read because I am far to busy to read every post and I do not need to read every post to reply, maybe you should stop jumping in thinking ita al about you ... now moving on, I doubt he has left TNA

I don't think even half of it is about me... Also, I'll never question you doing a different amount than what's best for the forum, but just b/c you do more (a higher amount) doesn't mean those things are included.

Back on-topic, it's not a question of if he left, but if he was tossed out.

John
03-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Because he was supposed to re-debut there but plans stopped.

FFDPKnucklehead
03-27-2010, 03:50 PM
It's a storyline. Foley even said he's being taken off TV to give the younger starts a chance to shine.

Kellie's right. TNA can't stop Foley from going to WrestleMania. He just needs to make sure WWE doesn't put him on camera, although TNA might actually enjoy that publicity right now.

And as for Robbie McAllister showing up on iMPACT! during WrestleMania weekend, that wasn't last year. It was two years ago when WrestleMania was in Orlando.

TJChurch
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Highlanders were not supposed to re-debut.

Foley, if he's worried about being on-camera, shouldn't even show; If even 1 WWE employee sees him, on-camera he goes. (Unlike TNA, WWE will not mention anything about the other company, largely b/c they know only TNA would benefit from that.)

gguru
03-27-2010, 10:55 PM
If Foley does show up at Wrestlemania, it would be a tactless bit of revenge for WWE to show him on camera. McCallister lost his job with WWE after he was shown on TNA, and if I remember right, he asked TNA not to show him and they agreed not to, but then did anyway. I never thought they were right in doing so, but what do I know, I'm only a fan. In my book though, they only seemed to care about themselves. At least they could have offered him a job after he lost his, due to their duplicity. But then again, I am only a fan, albeit an opinioned one.

TJChurch
03-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't know if the revenge would be all that tactless since, as you say, they showed the Highlander (ergo the "revenge" part), & Foley was several times over a WWE employee first.

They didn't offer him a job, probably due to the true reason he was released: He had little-to-no talent.

TJChurch
03-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Just found this in Mick's new MySpace blog (about his Phoenix comedy shows):

I will be turning 45 in just a few months, and I can definately see the end of the wrestling road coming. I'm really not sure when I'll be back in TNA, or even if, or for how long, so I really want to be prepared for life after wrestling. And I feel like creating and taking advantage of opportunities that come up outside of wrestling is the best way to do that.

Oraxis
03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I really hope Mick isn't fired. Hes given the Wrestling bussiness so many amazing moments. Hell in a Cell being the best example. He is, in my opinion, the benchmark upon which any hardcore wrestler should be measured. Hell, he went THROUGH the cell twice in one match. Hes gone through flaming tables, exploding tables, and anything else you can think of. He is THE man. Also, he was baddass of the week when he got fired (kayfabe hopefully)

TJChurch
03-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I really hope Mick isn't fired. Hes given the Wrestling bussiness so many amazing moments. Hell in a Cell being the best example. He is, in my opinion, the benchmark upon which any hardcore wrestler should be measured. Hell, he went THROUGH the cell twice in one match. Hes gone through flaming tables, exploding tables, and anything else you can think of. He is THE man. Also, he was baddass of the week when he got fired (kayfabe hopefully)

I'll have to check my DVD; Don't think he went thru 2x.

Anyway, agreed... Not b/c of all those high spots (probably why Flair called him a glorified stuntman), but due to what they are part of; Giving his all for his fans.

Smartmark
04-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Anyone have a update on this case?

I believe Foley is off the TNA roster, but I'm not sure

~TheSharpShooter~
04-06-2010, 03:47 AM
I believe it's just a storyline but if it isn't hopefully he just comes back to the WWE or even better yet guys to ROH. Fuck tit and ass wrestling, they fail miserably anymore anyway