PDA

View Full Version : Rowe breaks wrist

OMEN
07-27-2006, 11:20 PM
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5197521,00.jpg
Recovering,Jessica RoweNINE Network presenter Jessica Rowe has suffered a broken wrist in a fall at her Sydney home, but her unborn baby was uninjured.

Rowe, co-presenter of the Today program and wife of 60 Minutes reporter Peter Overton, said today that she had slipped and fallen on her front steps yesterday.

"I was walking down our front steps and I slipped because the steps were really wet," Rowe told Channel Nine today.

"I fell down about six stairs and landed on this hard concrete landing and hit my head and fractured my wrist."

Rowe, who announced her pregnancy on Today last week, underwent an ultrasound yesterday to check on her baby, with Overton by her side.

"Everything is absolutely fine. That was the first thing that flashed through my mind and we had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby was sucking its thumb. Really sweet," she said.
Rowe, who is four months pregnant, said she was initially stunned by the fall.

"I lay there sort of in shock, actually, for probably about five minutes thinking, 'Oh my goodness, I can't believe this has happened'," she said.

"And I just sort of laid there for a bit and then thought, 'OK. Try and get up' and then managed to get inside and then I rang Petey (Overton).

"He was at work and he came home straight away and we headed up to our doctor and then went up to the x-ray clinic.

"They were so lovely. They gave me an "I'm brave" sticker. Then I got it half cast and went to sleep with a pillow under my arm and woke up this morning thinking, 'Oh my goodness, I've got a bump on my head as well'."

Rowe, who has been at the centre of speculation about the future of the troubled Today program, referred to the stress of the past few months and its possible affects on her unborn baby.

"It's fairly resilient already but I'm thinking, Oh my goodness, it's been through enough already," she said.

Rowe said she would consult an orthopedic surgeon today and hoped she would not need an operation on her arm.

Her arm will be placed in a full cast for about six weeks from today, she said.

NewsAU

Kellie
07-28-2006, 04:05 AM
Thankgod it was only her wrist and the baby wasnt harmed .... I cant wait till this woman is 8 months pregnant, she has always been so skinny

Kaz
07-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Why does every picture make her look like a freak...

Heheh broken wrist...

Good thing the bubby not hurt.