PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley On The Passing Of Chris Kanyon

Smartmark
04-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Mick Foley has a new blog up on his official MySpace page where he talks about the passing of Chris Kanyon.

"I felt like Kanyon had the potential to be among the best workers in the business. I once heard a great Tony Schiavoni call, something along the lines of "he's the best in the business, and he's going to destroy this kid." It didn't seem like wrestling hyperbole to me either - more a genuine reaction to watching one of the best at the top of his game. I enjoyed watching him in the ring, wondering what new gem he might debut that would be stolen overnight and given new life with another company.

I last saw Chris at Wrestlemania in 2004. I may have seen him once since then. He looked good, but talked about packing it in, calling it a career. I never knew of his struggles; the bipolar disorder, the pressure of keeping his sexuality secret for so many years.

I had a small mention about Kanyon in my upcoming book. A few weeks ago, in my agents office, I asked if I could tweak the story just a little to make sure it didn't come off as mean. Now, I'll have to lose it altogether.

I wish he was still in the book. I wish he was still with us in this great big dysfunctional wrestling family. I wish him well in his next great adventure. Kanyon unfortunately, was a guy who gave alot more to wrestling than wrestling ever gave him back."

***Source: Wrestleview***

DUKE NUKEM
04-04-2010, 08:37 PM
thanks for the post Mark

~TheSharpShooter~
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Kanyon unfortunately, was a guy who gave alot more to wrestling than wrestling ever gave him back."

***Source: Wrestleview***
Sadly it seems like that is the case often times. Thanks for this post mate, I always like to hear Mick Foley's perception about things that go on in wrestling, he's a very real person knows very much about a lot of things.

Smartmark
04-04-2010, 08:56 PM
^^ Yeah I know. I find it so ironicly funny that the greatest hardcore wrestler ever is one of the nicest men in the world. He is like Santa Claus. It's how Santa Claus whould have llooked like if he got tired of sitting on iss arse the whole year waiting for X-Mas, and decided he wanted to start wrestling :P

Many people have said this, wrestlers as well, that Foley is the nicest person they've met.
You know he used to phone home to his kids and wife after each match? He did that because he wanted to tell them he was ok.
That's one hardcore dad for you! :)

Foley has great knowledge of wrestling, and I love how he tells a story, cause he makes it so real.
He is a great commentator also, I enjoy when he comments wrestling matches.
Not so strange, as he is one of the greatest wrestlers on the mic ever. No one cuts a promo like him!

Foley is right about the wrestling doesn't always gives back thing. There is many examples of this. Chris Ca$h to mention one.