PDA

View Full Version : Sachs 'disturbed by Ross comments'

OMEN
04-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Andrew Sachs has said that he found Jonathan Ross's recent comments about 'Sachsgate' "strange".

In 2008, Ross was suspended from the BBC for 12 weeks after leaving lewd messages, recorded with Russell Brand, on Sachs's voicemail.

In an interview with The Guardian published yesterday, Ross promised to talk about the incident in "hilarious" detail in the future and said that the controversy had been "quite fun".

Talking to The People, Sachs said: "My wife and I shared an empty laugh about it. It's a strange thing to say. It makes me wonder what the world is coming to. Yet it takes a lot more than that to upset me."

Meanwhile, director of Mediawatch UK Vivienne Pattison said: "Jonathan really doesn't get it. I think he genuinely does not understand how his behaviour upset a lot of people. It's difficult to give his apology much credence in the light of this."

In The Guardian interview, Ross said: "In a way, the whole experience has been quite fun. Because it's been really odd. And interesting. And fun. Life can sometimes potter along in the same direction and then something comes along over which you have no control.

"It was literally within about four days of it all kicking off that I just thought, 'You know what, there's no way I can control this, there's no way I can change this. So I've just got to not let it bother me'. And then it became almost like I was watching it happen to somebody else. And it was quite entertaining. It was weird watching people get themselves into a lather over something so intrinsically unimportant as that. It was just silly. Silly people writing silly things."

DS