PDA

View Full Version : Singer-turned-reality-TV star Kerry Katona has spoken out about the recent drug scand

OMEN
04-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Singer-turned-reality-TV star Kerry Katona has spoken out about the recent drug scandal which blighted her career - insisting her raging cocaine habit nearly claimed her life.
The former Atomic Kitten star was at the centre of a media storm last year (09) when a tabloid printed pictures of her snorting the illegal drug.

Katona lost several lucrative work contracts after the scandal, and she accepted an official caution from police for possessing a controlled substance.

The star has now spoken out about her drug habit, revealing she would lock herself in the bathroom of her home with her now estranged husband Mark Croft, and take cocaine while her young children, with her singer ex-husband Brian McFadden, played downstairs.

She says, "I'd lie in bed for three days in a row doing cocaine with Mark. We did coke in our en-suite (bathroom). The kids knew if the bathroom door was locked they mustn't come in. The children would be downstairs with a nanny and she knew not to let them up to our bedroom at those times. Our relationship was just about coke. Mostly, we'd have three-day sessions and not eat. I'd play online bingo, look up stories about me to make me feel worse, and watch cartoons."

Katona reveals she often suffered "fits" when she took too much cocaine, and her worsening health convinced her to kick her habit for good.

She adds, "I'd take so much coke I'd have a fit. Then I would come round and do another line. I had to stop, I had to get out. If I carried on doing what I was doing, I'd be dead."

DS

DUKE NUKEM
04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
thanks for the post Omen