PDA

View Full Version : Reson why John Cena is being so hated....

Abhishek_Divekar
07-29-2006, 11:22 AM
1. Cena cant wrestle as good as the other wrestlers
2. Very long title rean that he has got has boared his fan's
3. Over powering each and every wrestler that he has faced
4. Has a cool mic work but cant compare with that of HHH
5. Has not played a 5 stars matches even after being booked so heavily

Ethan Hunt
07-29-2006, 11:38 AM
1. Cena cant wrestle as good as the other wrestlers
Mebbe His Thug Gimmic is not letting him put the Wrestling Boots on.

2. Very long title reign that he has got has boared his fan's
Not the length, but the Quality of matches played and the overwhelming push bored his fans!

3. Over powering each and every wrestler that he has faced
I didnt get what your point is. He's a big guy, and has got strength. So he gootta kick ass.

4. Has a cool mic work but cant compare with that of HHH
Thats correct, HHH is HHH, and John Cena is not HHH!

5. Has not played a 5 stars matches even after being booked so heavily

When the heck was he booked heavily.

Also, when have Undertaker played a 5 star classic???? Its not the wrestler, but the gimmic which is not letting John Wrestle.

John Cena is one of my fav. guys, and I respect him, & his workethic .

the madscotsman
07-29-2006, 11:45 AM
In response to the thug thug. homicide is a thug and he has had some really cool matches, Taz was a thug and he had amazing matches with Sabu, and cool ones with Shane Douglas. Ok so maybe those arent great examples but damnit it's early. The point is; If Cena is supposed to be a thug then he should do what thugs are supposed to do, brawl!. he is one of the worst strikers I have ever seen

Abhishek_Divekar
07-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Mr Hunt I m not tellin that he is not a good wrestler even I am his huge fan just leting some of the reasons because he is being hated

Slim
07-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I can see where you're coming from but it has to be said that Cena can indeed wrestle. He can and before he was severely limited he could. I mean let's go back in the past... not his debut against Kurt Angle but when he started using this thugonomics gimmick... he was a heel. He was a heel and he would bust rhymes on everyone.

Remember those days when Cena was... entertaining. That was when he had his own material and was actually doing something. He could do something. Actually he did what Austin, Rock, and Triple H were allowed to do to get themselves over. He was himself and when he did that he was golden. His gimmick was not, I repeat, was not a thug. It was a rapper. He adopted the name of Doctor of Thugonomics and at the time it fit him just right.

The thing about is he went from being a heel to being a tweener. He could say whatever he wanted in his own fashion and everyone liked it. The style in the ring fit perfectly. He was loved for who he was and what he did. Then enter WWE creative team.

They came up with the brilliant idea to turn him full fledged face and that gimmick is not meant for that sort of turn. But then to top it off Cena was no longer writing his own material. He then started doing poop jokes and that was when things started to go downhill for him. When he wasn't able to produce his own material.

Then enter the WWE title reign that started at WM 21. It would have been good. I mean think about this as well. When the draft lottery was announced and Jericho had the Hi-Lite reel going for the first person to be drafted, nobody knew who it was. Nobody. Then we heard the theme. We heard that theme and I dunno about you but I was shocked and that was the first time that face Cena actually grabbed my attention. Because on SmackDown! he would be editted but on Raw he would be allowed to say and do more since at the time Spike was well more free willed than UPN.

What happened there was they botched it up by continuing to have Cena do the exact same thing over and over and pretty soon he just did nothing. No more raps, no more rhymes. Just talked about the Chain Gang, and became a 5 trick pony. Now he is a 6 trick pony with the STFU and the way he does it is horrid.

So in essence you can't really blame Cena for why he's being "hated" because it started way back in the day when creative got the idea to turn a guy that was getting massively over by doing his own thing as a tweener, doin the heel stuff but still gettin cheered much like Austin did durin the Attitude era, into their puppet to control and ruined a very good thing.

the phenomenal sid
07-29-2006, 02:28 PM
ethan i know you like cena but you have to agree cena is good but not as hhh,hbk or even carlito.he has given up his thug gimmick long ago.if not then where is his chain he put around his neck??he was getting repetitive and the crowd got sick of seeing it.if u dont believe it then see ECW ONS2 where the crowd says clearly and loudly at that ballroom "SAME OLD SHIT,SAME OLD SHIT"
mate if you are getting repetitive,you have to reinvent your style.taker has done that time & again.he may not have put up a 5-star match but every match he puts up is atleast worth 4 stars.so its damn better to have an assured good match from taker,so the reason that the crowd has not booed him so bad except when he was a heel despite being here 16 years.cena got a massive push,he deserved to be pushed but not so much.i mean even rock,hhh,taker have been given pushes but they were never booed and called lax wrestlers!!!they always assured you full entertainment and nothing else.cena is good but repetitive and now i have seen recently that he has improved a bit and he may in a few months be back as fan favorite as he was when he was on smackdown!

Ethan Hunt
07-29-2006, 06:43 PM
ethan i know you like cena but you have to agree cena is good but not as hhh,hbk or even carlito.he has given up his thug gimmick long ago.if not then where is his chain he put around his neck??he was getting repetitive and the crowd got sick of seeing it.if u dont believe it then see ECW ONS2 where the crowd says clearly and loudly at that ballroom "SAME OLD SHIT,SAME OLD SHIT"
mate if you are getting repetitive,you have to reinvent your style.taker has done that time & again.he may not have put up a 5-star match but every match he puts up is atleast worth 4 stars.so its damn better to have an assured good match from taker,so the reason that the crowd has not booed him so bad except when he was a heel despite being here 16 years.cena got a massive push,he deserved to be pushed but not so much.i mean even rock,hhh,taker have been given pushes but they were never booed and called lax wrestlers!!!they always assured you full entertainment and nothing else.cena is good but repetitive and now i have seen recently that he has improved a bit and he may in a few months be back as fan favorite as he was when he was on smackdown!

Yeup Man......I dont say that Cena is any better than the likes of Michaels and Tripls. But I got a respect for him.

Ian Diago
07-29-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't think so.....cena is da feuture of wwe.....and he will become as like as HHH

stoker1969
07-31-2006, 01:51 PM
I can see where you're coming from but it has to be said that Cena can indeed wrestle. He can and before he was severely limited he could. I mean let's go back in the past... not his debut against Kurt Angle but when he started using this thugonomics gimmick... he was a heel. He was a heel and he would bust rhymes on everyone.

Remember those days when Cena was... entertaining. That was when he had his own material and was actually doing something. He could do something. Actually he did what Austin, Rock, and Triple H were allowed to do to get themselves over. He was himself and when he did that he was golden. His gimmick was not, I repeat, was not a thug. It was a rapper. He adopted the name of Doctor of Thugonomics and at the time it fit him just right.

The thing about is he went from being a heel to being a tweener. He could say whatever he wanted in his own fashion and everyone liked it. The style in the ring fit perfectly. He was loved for who he was and what he did. Then enter WWE creative team.

They came up with the brilliant idea to turn him full fledged face and that gimmick is not meant for that sort of turn. But then to top it off Cena was no longer writing his own material. He then started doing poop jokes and that was when things started to go downhill for him. When he wasn't able to produce his own material.

Then enter the WWE title reign that started at WM 21. It would have been good. I mean think about this as well. When the draft lottery was announced and Jericho had the Hi-Lite reel going for the first person to be drafted, nobody knew who it was. Nobody. Then we heard the theme. We heard that theme and I dunno about you but I was shocked and that was the first time that face Cena actually grabbed my attention. Because on SmackDown! he would be editted but on Raw he would be allowed to say and do more since at the time Spike was well more free willed than UPN.

What happened there was they botched it up by continuing to have Cena do the exact same thing over and over and pretty soon he just did nothing. No more raps, no more rhymes. Just talked about the Chain Gang, and became a 5 trick pony. Now he is a 6 trick pony with the STFU and the way he does it is horrid.

So in essence you can't really blame Cena for why he's being "hated" because it started way back in the day when creative got the idea to turn a guy that was getting massively over by doing his own thing as a tweener, doin the heel stuff but still gettin cheered much like Austin did durin the Attitude era, into their puppet to control and ruined a very good thing.

Right on. You got it exactly right. I used to laugh evey time Cena rapped. He was funny and I looked forward to hearing what he said next. Now ,he is just boring and this is due to the "genius" of the creative team. Never in my 20 plus years of watching WWE have I ever seen such crappy storylines and characters than at present time. Where have all the good writers gone? The shows are boring and predictable. Even the so called shocking Chavo turning heel on Rey wasn't even shocking. If people didn't see that coming then they aren't paying attention. The WWE needs to get more creative instead of these laughable storylines like Vito's stupid dress gimmick. Even the D/X shit is getting stale already after what is it , 2 months? Anyway thats what I got to say about Cena and this topic. It aint his fault he is being constrained.